Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do the War events work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm new to Twilight Struggle, I just started a solo game to see how it works but after a few turns, and after reading many threads on this forum, I'm still puzzled about the way war events work:

The "attacker", by winning the war, replaces the Influence Points of his opponent by Influence Points of his own.

Does this mean these Influence Points should be added to the Influence Points the attacker may already have in the target country?
(example: Would a 2/2 country become 0/4 after a war event won by the USSR?)
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank You for the Quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have one more question on the subject:

If India and Pakistan, for example, are controlled by the USSR player, and the US player triggers the war event, does the attacking country provide a modifier -as an adjacent enemy-controlled country- for the dice roll? (it may appear stupid, but I suppose there could be many reasons for such a war to abort or to give no benefit for the US Player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
You do what it says on the card. A war event isn't a coup or a realignment roll, and it doesn't follow those rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
JSBourget wrote:
I have one more question on the subject:

If India and Pakistan, for example, are controlled by the USSR player, and the US player triggers the war event, does the attacking country provide a modifier -as an adjacent enemy-controlled country- for the dice roll? (it may appear stupid, but I suppose there could be many reasons for such a war to abort or to give no benefit for the US Player).

yes. If you are the US player triggering this card to attack, say India, and pakistan is USSR controlled the roll is -1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, Iran-Irak war and Brush war will work the same way, then (Arab-Israeli and Korean wars have their own logic).
Thank You.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.