P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of this moment, there are exactly 200 ratings for the Decktet and 100 for Magnate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Congratulations!
My wife and I just introduced my sister to Bharg the other day.
What's the next Decktet game we should try? I'd give Magnate a shot, but I'd have to round up some dice and tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Color Bazaar, if you haven't. For me it is the definitive Dectket game.

Magnate might be more strategically intense, but it plays more like an actual board game using a deck. Color bazaar is less strategically sound (there is a bit more randomness), but plays as a card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
foksieloy wrote:

Magnate might be more strategically intense, but it plays more like an actual board game using a deck. Color bazaar is less strategically sound (there is a bit more randomness), but plays as a card game.

Sounds more like what I'm looking for. I'll take a look!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Colour Bazaar is best with three. It's zero sum with two player, because every colour splits 3-2. With three, however, colours can split 2-2-1. So you may have 2 in two strong colours, shared with different opponents. And each opponent has an incentive to make the colour shared with them stronger.

For two or three players, you might also look at Jacynth and Quincunx. Players lay out cards in a grid in both games, but they are very different. In Jacynth, it is about controlling connections across the whole grid. In Quincunx, it is about scoring with the card you just played while not leaving too many opportunities for the next player. I enjoy them both.

Neither require suit chips or dice. Jacynth requires the deck and some player tokens. Quincunx just takes the deck and a score pad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foksieloy wrote:

Colour Bazaar is good. I also enjoy Hermit quite a bit but it is more of a "take that" game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.