Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: FG Death Star scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With only 4 hours at the con and the game already in my bag I didn't have much time for demos, but I peeked in on this. I'm pretty sure I got this but someone please check me.

Death Star Turret

Skill Value: 0
Attack Value: 2
Agility Value: 1
Hull Value: 2
Shield Value: 0

Actions:
Upgrades:

Cost:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word if they are selling these?
They could sell tons of them, you only need one Falcon, but can you ever have enough Turbolasers?!
Think of how many of those the Death Star had, of course you want to simulate the real thing...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
karrde wrote:
Death Star Turret

Skill Value: 0
Attack Value: 2
Agility Value: 1
Hull Value: 2
Shield Value: 0

Eh... agility on a turret? Didn't know the turret base was made of rubber allowing it do dodge shots
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggler wrote:

Eh... agility on a turret? Didn't know the turret base was made of rubber allowing it do dodge shots


Ya, it seemed odd to me, but they were rolling agility dice on the attacks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agility might be a stand in for an armor save.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Agility = Defense (the term threw me for a loop because I don't think it was called this in playtesting so I assumed it was the Pilot rating).

So this is the number of green dice it would roll to attempt to cancel the hits from the ships.

I don't know the full scenario but jay was explaining it to me off the side. For the scenario, the Rebels needed to destroy three actual turrets so some of them were dummy ones. So it was an objective based scenario.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jakster wrote:
Any word if they are selling these?
They could sell tons of them, you only need one Falcon, but can you ever have enough Turbolasers?!

I asked this on Saturday and was told a lot of people had asked the same question. His canned answer was "I cannot comment on possible future products."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
His canned answer was "I cannot comment on possible future products."


Ya, I got the same response, though how much of that was standard "don't talk" and how much was he's not working on the new product since he's working on the RPG...

They seem like they were perfect size to fit straight on the base w/o an "altitude" peg on them and still leave room for viewable stats.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg White
New Zealand
Upper Hutt, Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
these could the best way to represent a star destroyer too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
karrde wrote:
With only 4 hours at the con and the game already in my bag I didn't have much time for demos, but I peeked in on this. I'm pretty sure I got this but someone please check me.

Death Star Turret

Skill Value: 0
Attack Value: 2
Agility Value: 1
Hull Value: 2
Shield Value: 0

Actions:
Upgrades:

Cost:


When I played this on day one, I think the agility was 2 and hull was 3. The turrets had a 360 degree arc and the rebels needed to kill 3 while the empire needed to kill 1 rebel ship. They might have tweaked the scenario later in the Con though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
to make that type of turret more interesting i would add a fire arc and turning rules, for example

dont rotate - 3 attack dice
up to 90degrees - 2 attack dice
90 - 180 - 1 attack dice

that way it would be advantagious to 'outmanouver' the turrets by getting them to turn one way then going the other. all the turrets would have to make their moves before the fighters started moving but after dials were set.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:
to make that type of turret more interesting i would add a fire arc and turning rules, for example


I'm not sure about your details, but this is a good idea in general. Maybe they can have a pilot skill just like everything else. And they would only have 4 maneuvers on their dial. No rotation, 90deg left, 90deg right, and 180deg. The 180deg would be a red maneuver and the no rotation would be green. Then they could have focus as an action.

Alternatively to just the 4 maneuvers you could add 45deg (green) and 135deg (white) as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of potential to expand upon with those turrets to be sure. Unique gunners, Elite Gunners, New skills, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
karrde wrote:
ironman99 wrote:
to make that type of turret more interesting i would add a fire arc and turning rules, for example


I'm not sure about your details, but this is a good idea in general. Maybe they can have a pilot skill just like everything else. And they would only have 4 maneuvers on their dial. No rotation, 90deg left, 90deg right, and 180deg. The 180deg would be a red maneuver and the no rotation would be green. Then they could have focus as an action.

Alternatively to just the 4 maneuvers you could add 45deg (green) and 135deg (white) as well.


And solo rules...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
ironman99 wrote:
to make that type of turret more interesting i would add a fire arc and turning rules, for example

dont rotate - 3 attack dice
up to 90degrees - 2 attack dice
90 - 180 - 1 attack dice

that way it would be advantagious to 'outmanouver' the turrets by getting them to turn one way then going the other. all the turrets would have to make their moves before the fighters started moving but after dials were set.


I like this a lot. Players love the idea of "attack the battlestation!" scenarios, but in practice they turn into attrition die rolling contests.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NZRPGR wrote:
these could the best way to represent a star destroyer too.


That's the way they did it in Star Warriors (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3593/star-wars-star-warri...).

That's another reason I've been looking for Turrets I could mold!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lawrence
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
Hey! That tickles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:


And solo rules...


You better believe it...



11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SCOTT WADYKO
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im going to make a similar terrain board with turrets and turned brass barrels for myself. Here are the 6 base 2" x 2" tiles so far.

the turret:

let me know what you think.
Combat Wombat
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
COMBATWOMBAT wrote:
let me know what you think.
Combat Wombat


Sweet! Let me know if you want to sell a turret when your done!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good CW. I especially like the repurposed googily eyes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that turret needs to be a lot bigger.....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.