JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/146026/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

It is Monday! and not just any Monday, but the Monday following the best four days it gaming!!! I went down with a big crew of friends (many first timers) and my wife and gamed a whole ton. I did horrible at recording my plays though, so I am going to do a bit more of a GenCon recap / play report.

Sentinels of the Multiverse - I got four plays in, and picked up my kickstarter copy and all the goodies (including the vinyl play mat). Also talked them into giving me a copy of the Wraith promo I had missed out on.

Spartacus - My #1 surprise of the con! This game is great, I'm excited for more plays. I glossed over it completely, glad my friends picked it up.

Smash-up - I can't say it has lived up to my expectations yet, but I think with an expansion or two it will be really good.

Unpublished Prototype - I got two games of prototypes in. One is a fast filler I am working on with my good friend ZombieEarl, and the other I can't say much about currently. This was the highlight of the con for me.

The Resistance - Got in several great games of this with friends, and also filled out a demo spot at the Indie Boards and Cards booth.

Math Trade - Showed up to the mad house a few minutes late, and got some good trades in. I also met a fan of this very geeklist, which was very awesome! (Hello!)

Auction grab of the year - 13 Looney Lab pyramid sets, in different colors, boards, the book, and a few other goodies. But I have no pyramid dice =-(

Sharing the experience with my wife and friends - It was an incredible time, and I am not even looking forward to going back to work tomorrow even a little bit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also at GENCON (Friday at least)- played smash up, Spartacus, X-wing, saw agents of Smersh and sentinels of the multi-verse, quick play of serpents stone and some mushroom game and saw a ton of demos

Played King of Tokyo on saturday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001-?- Played a learning game of this one.
Hammer of the Scots- I played the English this time and got crushed as the cards just didn't come and I made one large miscalculation near the end of the game.
Sword of Rome- Quickly ecoming one of my favorite games. I played the Greeks this time and managed a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen Con Saturday!

Saturday
1x - Summoner Wars played TO vs PE on iPad during drive to Indy
1x - Flash Point: Fire Rescue first demo at Gen Con
1x - Sentinels of the Multiverse second demo at Gen Con
3x - King of Tokyo played with family back at the hotel

My BIL and I played Summone Wars to get the Gen Con trip started on the right foot while my wife drove concluding in a close battle to the end. We started a second game which we still have yet to complete.

Gen Con was awesome and overwhelming (I am writing a fuller blog post of the experience). In a nutshell we got to demo Flash Point and Seninels of the Multiverse. We tried to get in a few other demos of games on our lists but it was crowded and busy in the Exhibition Hall so we settled for covering everything we could while watching a little bit of each game of interest that we were not able to try.

When we got back to the hotel and hooked up with the rest of the family and ate dinner, my wife, kids, and me sat for three games of King of Tokyo before calling it a night. It was a big hit for the family, as I expected.

Sunday
1x - TtR: Team Asia
1x - Innovation with first play of Innovation: Echoes of the Past

We were at a going away party for a friend who is going to China to teach for a few months and brought our Asian-themed games in the event there was interest. We had a couple who had been talking about how fun Ticket to Ride was and we mentioned we brought it along with the Asian maps. We got them and a couple they have been wanting to introduce the game to join in. We played Team Asia and my wife and I pulled out the win.

When we got home, it was the kids' promised "parent night" where they get to be the parents and "stay up late" while we got sent to bed. So we pulled out Innovation and the newly purchased expansion from the convention to give it a try. My wife destroyed me 7-1.

A good weekend for gaming.

meeple Keep playing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
Friday:
- Power Grid at work (technically not yet weekend)
- Agricola ACBAS

Saturday:
- Blokus

Sunday:
- World of Warcraft Board Game

One of better weekends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to GenCon (first time), and was able to demo Smash Up (which I also played a full game of later), Sky Traders, FlowerFall, Seasons (very bummed that I couldn't buy a copy), Castle Dash, Farmageddon, Telestrations, and Morels. Other games I played while there included Alchemist, Drakon (third edition), Metropolys, Mystery Rummy: Jekyll & Hyde, Onirim, Loopin' Louie, Aye, Dark Overlord! The Red Box, The Resistancemy signed copy of King of Tokyo, Isla Dorada, and Biblios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Away for long weekend with guys for boating, swimming, gaming, beer drinking.

Played:

Cyclades x 2
Babel x 3
Metropolys
Hive x 8
San Juan x 5
Sentinels of Multivers
Ultimate Werewolf x 8

Great weekend! Got 2 of three newly purchased games to table. Still have Hinterlands to try with Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we played about six game of Belfort and one games of Fire and Axe- either way, we had a great time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cabal17
United States
Hewitt
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
Memoir '44 - Two scenarios, one from the Eastern Front and one from Winter Wars. Germans (opponent) won both.

Saturday
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game - Two games. The first was three player, second was four players. First game I was the president and a Cylon, I managed to throw both the other players in the brig for an easy victory. Second game the humans were doing good until one of the humans threw the other in the brig. The president in this game was also a Cylon (I was the sympathizer who became a revealed Cylon), and threw the other human in the brig soon after.

Cosmic Encounter - One game with 5 players. This game was the first time we ever played it, so it was quite the learning experience. I started out quickly gaining colonies until everyone realized I was one away from victory, so everyone gained up on me. Especially since they though my alien (Warrior) was OP. We didn't get to finish the game because two people had to leave.

Risk 2210 A.D. - One game with 3 players, and we actually played the classic version with the 2210 AD set. One player kept just matching across the world preventing anyone from fortifying anywhere, but leaving himself constantly open. We didn't get to finish the game because 5 am snuck up on us. No one got eliminated but at the end I had the Americas mostly fortified and another player was doing a decent job of regaining and fortifying Asia/Australia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I did most of a solo test play of Perikles which I just got. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror x1
Friday x1
Flash Point: Fire Rescue x1
D-Day Dice x1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday-no games, too much to do.

Saturday-3 games of Fossil. The wife really likes it, I'm mostly meh on it.

Sunday-no games, too much to mow.

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talisman First time playing the new edition, played it four times over the weekend. I like it.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
(moving to other list)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrong list my good men! This weeks list is now up! Sally forth here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9920445

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.