New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb

Background: Working behind the scenes like the phantoms of their namesake, the Eidolon League is a shadow organization that pursues its agendas throughout the galaxy. Each of the six Galactic Orders has a high level agent that is secretly working for the Eidolon League, and these agents meet in hidden locations to discuss the direction in which they will maneuver the galaxy. Gaining their allegiance is as costly as it is profitable.

Gameplay: The Eidolon League is the only Prestige Card introduced in the Galactic Orders expansion. It is the most expensive Prestige Card in the game, especially because its cost is not reduced by the possession of Core Worlds. However, its reward of 4 Empire Points, as well the ability to place a token on any Galactic Order, make this card very desirable during the game's final rounds.

Designer Notes: Because Prestige Cards allow a player to immediately place a Faction Token on a Galactic Order Card (unlike Units and Tactics, which must be drawn and played from hand to grant a token), they have a greater value in the expansion than they had in the base game. The Eidolon League's ability to turn the tide in a particular Galactic Order, or even to just grant a much needed special power, can make the card worth its hefty cost.

Art Notes: Jessada Sutthi is a new artist from Thailand who joined our team for the expansion. When I assigned this piece to him, I thought it had the potential to be the cover image, but I was not sure at the time. As soon as I saw his initial sketch, I was blown away by how accurately he had portrayed the image that I had described to him. When the final version was submitted, I emailed it directly to Stephen Buonocore of Stronghold Games with this note: "I think we have our cover image!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't want these guys as enemies! This is a card that will be very sought after, especially if the fight for the Orders is close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very very interesting. Provides some good decisions, and you really have to pay attention to what core worlds your opponents can/can't conquer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here is to hoping the next preview includes information on the new core world (Raven) or the mining faction power... I'm hoping for the later first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.