tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting you did so well without any Treachery cancelling. Especially in FfM, swapping the quest when you're halfway through mining your way out really takes the wind out of your sails. Then again, I pretty much play 2-handed solo, so am getting 2 cards per turn, few times I went for the other quest card you can win with and had one party eliminated, going down to one card per turn really made the game rather easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks almost like my own Dwarf Deck, but I skipped Thalin for Gimli. Thought that +1 Willpower is quite handy when playing with Tactics. I tweaked this Deck during Dwarrodelf and I defeated them all up to TLD.
FOS is now on shedule but I will not challenge the Balrog with those
3-feet-guys.

Btw,
Quote:
Dain Eisenfuss
shoul be called Dain Ironfoot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kees
United States
elk grove village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pretty sure he was making a German riff on Ironfoot,for the lolz...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love your use of colour: a very simple but effective way of conveying the split of both spheres and card types in the deck, both of which are important. Most decklists only capture one or the other - hopefully others will follow your example!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fear it's pretty impossible to beat the Goblin rush without Thalin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scwont wrote:
Love your use of colour: a very simple but effective way of conveying the split of both spheres and card types in the deck, both of which are important. Most decklists only capture one or the other - hopefully others will follow your example!

Indeed, a very good idea with those colors.

I will totally steal it for my deck posts. ninja

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misha Nosiara
Australia
Como
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried your deck against 'into the pit' and won. Getting steward of Gondar out before the last stage was the key.

Thanks, and have a tip.

Regards

Misha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
which expansion is needed for this deck?

can you modify your winning deck if you got only core and khazadum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:

I used mostly cards from Core and Khazad-Dum. The only relevant card that is not from these two sets would be "A Burning Brand". All other cards could be easily replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hubenig
msg tools
mb
Stephan Valkyser wrote:
dprijadi wrote:

I used mostly cards from Core and Khazad-Dum. The only relevant card that is not from these two sets would be "A Burning Brand". All other cards could be easily replaced.

I like it very interesting, simple and cheap.

I woudl throw in one copy of brok ironfist, you might even have the cash to pay for him outright, but he makes a late game treacher loss to Bifur or thalin not so bad.

If you had the set another nice sub would be some longbeard elders. They are pretty handy in the kazadum quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hendersondayton wrote:
Can you please speak to who you typically attached each attachment to?

I can't answer this for the OP, but having played a very similar deck, I can hazard an educated guess. Steward goes on Dain or Thalin, who then gives a resource each turn to Bifur. Axe usually goes on Dain, or an Axehand or Veteran. Stone goes on Thalin. Belt goes on whoever got Steward, or Dain if no Steward. Plate and Brand are ones I don't use, so I don't know, but probably Bifur.

In general, Brand is what strikes me as an odd inclusion (3 copies!), because there are few lore characters who want to defend. Bifur is the only one with 2 defense, and he would rather quest for 3, at least how I play him. I also wonder about the Snares, since you can't put them on some of the nastiest enemies, and the Scouts, and it seems there is certainly room somewhere for Horn of Gondor (especially with the speed bump Scouts!). But I tip my hat to the OP's success; his version of this deck has fared better than mine, so I will need to try his build, and perhaps then these strange things will make sense to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gundo wrote:

In general, Brand is what strikes me as an odd inclusion (3 copies!), because there are few lore characters who want to defend. Bifur is the only one with 2 defense, and he would rather quest for 3, at least how I play him.

Burning Brand helps to ease the tide of incoming Goblins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stephan Valkyser wrote:
Gundo wrote:

In general, Brand is what strikes me as an odd inclusion (3 copies!), because there are few lore characters who want to defend. Bifur is the only one with 2 defense, and he would rather quest for 3, at least how I play him.

Burning Brand helps to ease the tide of incoming Goblins.

That much I understand. But who gets branded? Miner, Hammersmith, Mapmaker, and Bifur are the only candidates, and even without any shadow effects, the first 3 cannot defend that well, and it seems Bifur would rather quest. To put it another way, who usually defends in this deck? Obviously, the Spearman is top choice with Thalin around. But then who? I wouldn't expect it to be your lore guys. And that's why Brand seems odd to me, despite the clear value of its effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hendersondayton wrote:
Gundo wrote:
Axe usually goes on Dain

This doesn't make much sense though. In order to use those weapons, he would have to exhaust and that typically screws everyone else who would rely on his bonus to be effective. If I can at all stand it...I don't use Dain for anything other than carrying the luggage.

I will however take advantage of the Citadel Plate on Dain so that he can absorb undefended attacks..at this point..the other characters get the attack bonus that a ready Dain allows.

I agree with you. But the OP is running 3 copies of BBrand, which means he is planning on a lore character defending. So then Dain, who will be held back as long as possible, is a likely attacker, hence the bearer of the Axe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.