Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dorks GoneWild
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a copy at the Black and Read in Arvada Colorado. Has the Louis Armstrong Promo leader with it. Super excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why was the promo included? (I'm not familiar with how to get the promos)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Compleat Strategist in NYC had copies today about an hour ago. Some of the boxes had the promo card on it. They offered me one but I declined (I'm a Spielbox subscriber and already have a copy).

Might get it on the table tonight. Excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom of the Attic in Oakland (Pittsburgh), PA has copies in stock. One of them is being held for me, to be picked up on my way home from work tonight. Won't see play tonight, but hopefully tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorks GoneWild
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Promo is Louis Armstrong

It is a leader, 7 Victory points and says - and one of the new symbols. I have not opened yet to see what the symbol is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DorksGoneWild wrote:

It is a leader, 7 Victory points and says - and one of the new symbols. I have not opened yet to see what the symbol is.

7 Wonders: Leaders – Louis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorks GoneWild
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duh!! I totally missed it was the military symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DorksGoneWild wrote:

Actually, that's not one of the new symbols, that's the symbol for military victory tokens. According to the BGG page for the card, Louis is worth 7VP minus the number of military victory tokens you have taken. So if you've lost all 6 military conflicts (2 neighbors x 3 Ages) he's worth 7 points, but if you've won all 6, he's only worth 1.

Having not played with the card, but just thinking about it, three situations immediately come to mind for optimal use of him:
1) When paired with Tomyris (the Leader that gives the defeat token back to the other player);
2) When you are careful to maintain a military exactly equal to your neighbors;
3) A military that starts slow (losing or (preferably) even in Age 1) and gains strength in later Ages (even in Age 2, winning in Age 3) to balance Louis' value with the value of the military victory tokens.

EDIT: ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorks GoneWild
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but yes, those are 3 good options. I rarely do military and just go with -6 mentality to start the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.