Subject: Icebreaker tournament report (unknown finish) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know my finish because I went 1-1 and then dropped due to the onset of an ocular migraine (if you aren't familiar with these joys of life, they cause you to essentially go blind for most of an hour, though you don't have the severe headache of other kinds of migraines), although I did come back and play some pick-up games after my migraine passed.

I'll just share my decklist and then the specific results from the tournament.

Runner
------
Identity: Noise (Anarch)
3x Armitage Codebusting
1x Corroder
3x Crypsis
3x Cyberfeeder
1x Datasucker
2x Deja Vu
3x Demolition Run
3x Diesel
2x Djinn
3x Easy Mark
1x Grimoire
1x Ice Carver
3x Infiltration
2x Magnum Opus
2x Medium
1x Mimic
2x Parasite
3x Sure Gamble
1x The Toolbox
2x Wyldside
2x Wyrm
1x Yog.0

The gameplan was to hit R&D as hard as possible to try to score agendas or to possibly mill them out if needed.

Corp
----
Identity: Jinteki
1x Akitaro Watanabe
2x Data Mine
1x Enigma
3x Hedge Fund
2x Hemidall 1.0
3x Ichi 1.0
2x Melange Mining Corp.
2x Neural EMP
3x Neural Katana
3x Nisei Mk II
3x PAD Campaign
3x Priority Requisition
3x Private Security Force
3x Project Junebug
3x Snare!
2x Viktor 1.0
3x Wall of Static
3x Wall of Thorns

The gameplan was to use very dangerous ice to protect agendas and money generators.

First round, I played a friendly BGGer who frequents these forums and recognized me... but unfortunately I'm not 100% on which other BGGer it was (if it was you, please Geekmail me!). Anyway, I lost to this friendly fellow. He won as corporation 7-3, followed by a game where I was leading as corporation 5-2, but then he scored a 2 point agenda, which gave him the match no matter what I did, so I conceded (as it was very near the time limit anyway). I was VERY rusty during this match, as I had only played Android: Netrunner once prior to this match. I felt much more "warmed up" after it and looked forward to playing future rounds. I feel as though I might have come closer in this match had I not been super rusty and made several dumb mistakes throughout.

Second round, I played another really friendly guy. I won as both Corporation and Runner, 7-4 each time. At the very end of the second game, my migraine started to come in, so I dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recognized you, but I didn't play you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report and lists. Sorry to hear about your health problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a biggie. I get them about once a month and they last about an hour. They're mostly annoying and, in this case, it came at an inopportune time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.