Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is as long as a roads and boats box. I thought this would be great for games...lo and behold, I turned it over and there was a small picture of a pawn and dice in the corner. I guess they know what ships often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its not bad. alittle thin for most games. pretty expensive as well. generally Fedex will ship for less than the $15 the box goes for. i've also had to convince people at shipping centers that its a flat-rate box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will fit two square boxes side by side, so it's cheaper if sending coast to coast. It works well for the Thrifty Generosity boxes, as it can be packed full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
ropearoni4 wrote:
It is as long as a roads and boats box. I thought this would be great for games...lo and behold, I turned it over and there was a small picture of a pawn and dice in the corner. I guess they know what ships often. :)

There was some gamer input. If I remember correctly
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Paul was the link between thrifters and USPS, taking our ideas and feedback to a friend of his, with great results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
what in the world are you guys talking about, a link to the box on the I assume usps website would help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.j...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

Inside Dimensions: 23 11/16" x 11 3/4" x 3"
Outside Dimensions: 24 1/16" x 11 7/8" x 3 1/8"

Some key benefits:
Fits two average-sized board games.
Can be used for Domestic Priority Mail ($15.45) and International Priority Mail ($39.95 to Canada and Mexico; $60.95 to all other countries; 20 lb weight limit applies for international).
Only $13.45 when used to send to APO/FPO addresses.
Commercial prices are available for postage paid through Click-N-Ship® service at USPS.com, authorized PC Postage vendors, and other authorized postage payment methods. The Domestic Commercial Base price is $14.65, APO/FPO is $12.65.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy the label online, there's also free delivery confirmation, so it's a pretty good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

SWEET!!! cool Board gamers are starting to take over the world. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This product has been out for around two years now. Not the best box, because it has pretty odd dimensions leaving little for padding on the top and bottom face of games. Also, it has to ship at the Large Flat Rate price, which for most games is pretty expensive. Good luck. People should also check out the lesser known and not available from your local post: Regional Box A and B Priority boxes. Just do a search in the USPS store. Shipped directly to your door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
The USPS flat rate boxes are indeed a bit thin to be trusted to send anything of value, even with cocooning the box inside the box with bubble wrap. They puncture easily, and don't withstand drops very well.

But I am glad that this size exists. You never know when I might ship a copy of The Ungame to an unsuspecting foe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
The USPS flat rate boxes are indeed a bit thin to be trusted to send anything of value, even with cocooning the box inside the box with bubble wrap. They puncture easily, and don't withstand drops very well.

But I am glad that this size exists. You never know when I might ship a copy of The Ungame to an unsuspecting foe.

I use USPS flat rate boxes in almost all my trade/sell shipments and have never had any complaints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.