Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Hertzberger
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a beautiful game! The box is great, very sturdy and comes with a decent plastic insert sufficient to hold all cards + dice and tokens (I think everyone has seen how awesome the art on the cards are). I'm particularly fond of the 'Initiation Campaign' that is included with 9 scenarios set to teach the mechanics in a very flavorful way.

I was hoping to get this on the table (and provide a better review), but upon sorting out the cards, I came to realize that about half of the Hades cards were in French. Hopefully I can get a hold of Iello and get that sorted out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Happy you enjoy the game.

Sincerely sorry about the cards in French. The factory rushed to have a few samples available for GenCon. Be insured you will get your English cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Just to confirm, there are no miniatures in the box, correct?

For some reason BGG lists miniatures as one of the categories for this game, but I didn't see anything in a skimming of the rules or the topics here indicating that any are provided or used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hertzberger
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No miniatures. The units are represented on the board as tokens and their stats/abilities/health are represented with card stacks.

It does do a good job of emulating a miniatures game, in a similar fashion to Summoner Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
B1gn4sty wrote:
I was hoping to get this on the table (and provide a better review), but upon sorting out the cards, I came to realize that about half of the Hades cards were in French. Hopefully I can get a hold of Iello and get that sorted out.

I checked mine - they seem to all be in English.

Of course, I did just a quick glance-through.

Which cards are in French?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B1gn4sty wrote:
What a beautiful game! The box is great, very sturdy and comes with a decent plastic insert sufficient to hold all cards + dice and tokens (I think everyone has seen how awesome the art on the cards are). I'm particularly fond of the 'Initiation Campaign' that is included with 9 scenarios set to teach the mechanics in a very flavorful way.

We just discovered the issue with some of the games having french cards in the box.
We will replace the cards, email me your mailing address at stephan@iellogames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.