Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Chavis
United States
York
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I went to Gen Con this year with my son and some buddies. On Friday night I went to the Convention Center prepared to play an event that I had purchased an event ticket for. When I arrived I discovered that the event was cancelled. No prior notice was given. Me, my friend and my son were standing around looking rather disappointed as our evening plans just went down the drain. As fate would have it, the good folks from Green Brier Games were at the tables next to us. Jeff Gracia generously invited us to sit down and play a game of Zpocalyse. I was really stoked about this. As a kickstarter participant I wanted to play this game, but when I registered for my events they were not yet available. Long story short, we handed over some generics and got down to business.

Ricky Casdorph ran our game with some help from Jeff. They were each minding a couple of games at the same time. The folks at Green Brier Games exuded enthusiasm, and I could see that this game was a labor of love. Ricky was johnny on the spot answering all of our many questions as we played through the game.

A few things I liked about this game: I liked the competitive/ co-operative element to the game. It wasn't all about killing the zombies. Racking up VP's by killing zombies, completing tasks, and gaining items was a great idea, so there are multiple paths to winning. I liked being able to "level up" and customize my squad with skill points and items.

If you like or are looking for a good Zombie themed game you should really give this one a try.

Jeff you got a great crew there and I hope when the game is released it does well. Kudos to you and your team for putting such a fun game together and big thanks for rescuing our Friday night. We all had a lot of fun and the consensus was that it was the best event we had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am awaiting anxiously for this game, I feel it will be a very good zombie game, among the best out there.

I have already heard great things about the folks behind it, your message just confirms it a bit more

I am also another one hoping for their success, whenever someone puts their time so passionately into a project, I feel they deserve success!!

So, here is to Green Brier success.... cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally with the OP here as I went down to GenCon for the first time just on Saturday with my nephew and a friend from my gaming group. We hadn't signed up for any events so we bought some generic tickets as my friend wanted to give Zpocalypse a try.

We found Jeff and his crew and hung out for a little bit. Jeff said there should be a game done in 20 minutes if we wanted to wait. So we did and Jeff got us going on a game. A couple times Jeff had to go to other business but his lovely wife took over in running the game and did an awesome job.

We had a blast playing and it was cool how the VP system worked to help boost your stats. I liked the mechanic for having a chance to run out of ammo for ranged weapons and have to resort to bats or fists.

Building traps or putting up walls and sandbags was also neat to try to stop the zombie hordes. I also liked being able to trade with other players to get more ammo for some medicine (healing)for example.

There were also some neat objective cards to help gain extra VPs.

The theme and back story was rich and fun.

I can't wait for this game to come out. I didn't know about it to kickstart it, but will certainly buy it when it comes out. Got a cool promo weapon card that I'm itching to put into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These are awesome news.

I've been a little worried about the game for a while now, mainly because I haven't seen gameplay videos and really haven't gotten a feel for the game from what I've read. In theory, however, it sounds like pretty much what I would want from a zombie game.

So in terms of complexity, what would you guys compare it with? Was it easy to pick up?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.