Popular Tags: [View All]
cee marcus
Bolivia
La Paz
La Paz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I just got my copy yesterday and went through the rules several times, but as always you get some questions when you start playing the game, here's a few, by the way I was able to find some answers to other questions I had checking the rest of the posts.

1. Great Foot - When this happens the bugs and ants turn to food right? do Peas-ants turn to 1 piles and Serge-ants turn to 2? my guess

2. Planter places - are this spots occupiable? they don't have a number, wouldn't this be a cheap way to protect Serge-ants from food or bug drops thus breaking the game?

3. When ALL QUIET shows do we still discard a space card from our hand and take a new one?

4. Plain Storm - Says some food washes away from all regular food stacks, does this mean all non-living bugs stacks + planter starter food stacks?

Does it also mean Living bugs and food placed in Nest stacks as well?

5. While we are at this, can an enemy ant gather food from Nests if these are not defended by serge-ants?

Any help would be much appreciated even house rules, of course actually owning the game is a big plus.

Thanks in advance guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Hart
United States
Stow
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
1. nope peasants and sergants turn into 1 food.

2. well arguably yes but im preaty sure the creators think as it being just normal spots. you can put sergants on them if you want too and if its empty you can put peasants on it.

3. in the case of all quite you keep the space cards you have.

4. plain storm means all non living food and planter spaces. bugs are living thus not included also nest food is safe.

5. im honestly not too sure i know if you deafeat the enemys queen ant all there remaining food goes too you but as for taking them otherwise i dont know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cee marcus
Bolivia
La Paz
La Paz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Wesley, can you back your answers? manual talked to the designer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Hart
United States
Stow
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Windrunner wrote:
Thanks for the reply Wesley, can you back your answers? manual talked to the designer?

not really if you want to look throw the manual hwich im sure u already did go ahead. the last time i clicked on the link that led to the offical site for this game it didnt work, so nope. but i was once in youre position theres quite a few people asking these questions in this fourm im sure some of your answers lie there, if you want to double check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzan
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the game with the designer in Essen, it's been a few years, but we've played a few times since then. So let me see:

1) Wesley is correct
2) I don't know, but I don't think so.
3) Wesley is correct
4) Wesley is correct
5) I don't know, but I don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cee marcus
Bolivia
La Paz
La Paz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks a lot for replying, my group and I came up with some house rules to even things out at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.