Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I posted a thread (a couple down on the list) about getting moldy/dirty bamboo. I immediately sent Asmodee and Matagot emails with pictures of the damaged parts seeking replacements. Matagot actually got back to me in a reasonable time and told me they were forwarding my request to Asmodee. I have not heard anything. I followed up again with Asmodee noting Matagot's forwarding of my issue. Still nothing. It's been two weeks.

I realize there was this big gaming thing out in Indy last week, but it seems like I should at least receive an acknowledgement from customer service.

Anyone have any experience with Asmodee customer service?

I really like this game and have pre-ordered Seasons, so I am not ticked off, but one of the great things about Takenoko is its beautiful components and its a bummer to play it with stained yellow and green bamboo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I purchased my copy of Takenoko via German Board Game Company (a great Canadian online retailer), my panda figure came with his ear broken off. I tried to super glue it back on, but the chemicals in the glue melted the paint... lol. I contacted the Canadian offices of Asmodee and it took them a while to respond, then they told me I would need to get the German Board Game Company to replace the figure (seemed odd to me... why would the distributor be in charge of that?). The guy at German Board Game Company, as I suspected, told me they were not responsible that it needed to be Asmodee. I simply forwarded a copy of the response from German Board Game Company to Asmodee and I had a replacement panda in about 2 weeks from them. SO.... it took a while and some arm twisting, but I got my panda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Ok, I posted a thread (a couple down on the list) about getting moldy/dirty bamboo. I immediately sent Asmodee and Matagot emails with pictures of the damaged parts seeking replacements. Matagot actually got back to me in a reasonable time and told me they were forwarding my request to Asmodee. I have not heard anything. I followed up again with Asmodee noting Matagot's forwarding of my issue. Still nothing. It's been two weeks.

I realize there was this big gaming thing out in Indy last week, but it seems like I should at least receive an acknowledgement from customer service.

Anyone have any experience with Asmodee customer service?

I really like this game and have pre-ordered Seasons, so I am not ticked off, but one of the great things about Takenoko is its beautiful components and its a bummer to play it with stained yellow and green bamboo.

Thats interesting cause I just purchased the game and have the exact same problem. I am writting them right now and will let you know if I am successful.

EDIT: I just tweeted to them and also sent an email. I am sure I will hear from them soon. I will update as soon as I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
The team got back from GenCon late last night. I expect you'll get a response within a few days, depending on how many other people e-mailed them for help.

As to how their service is: It's good. If you check the publisher forums, they're filled with glowing words for Asmodee's response time.

The e-mail address to use, by the way, is contact_us@asmodee.com (or was last I checked - sometimes Stefan gives out his personal address if, for some reason, that isn't working).

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just back from GENCON, and yes send me a mail directly here: s.brunell@asmodee.com if I didn't already answer on the contact_us@asmodee.com. It may have slipped in the trash box for no reason.

I'm out of replacement for Takenoko (actually, I'm sold out of Takenoko) but the editor is sending more pieces with the reprint that is coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to mention that we are not the editor of Takenoko, Matagot and Bombyx are. We are not the distributor of this game in Canada. Sorry that your distributor didn't even answer your request, I always forward the message from Canada to the distributor.

I know sometimes it could be hard to get services so I ship them myself, even if I don't have to do it, it's all on our expenses without making the sales. Please don't take it as the standard, Asmodee is not a distributor in Canada, and in this case not even the editor of the game.

joeyj1220 wrote:
When I purchased my copy of Takenoko via German Board Game Company (a great Canadian online retailer), my panda figure came with his ear broken off. I tried to super glue it back on, but the chemicals in the glue melted the paint... lol. I contacted the Canadian offices of Asmodee and it took them a while to respond, then they told me I would need to get the German Board Game Company to replace the figure (seemed odd to me... why would the distributor be in charge of that?). The guy at German Board Game Company, as I suspected, told me they were not responsible that it needed to be Asmodee. I simply forwarded a copy of the response from German Board Game Company to Asmodee and I had a replacement panda in about 2 weeks from them. SO.... it took a while and some arm twisting, but I got my panda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
Just back from GENCON, and yes send me a mail directly here: s.brunell@asmodee.com if I didn't already answer on the contact_us@asmodee.com. It may have slipped in the trash box for no reason.

I'm out of replacement for Takenoko (actually, I'm sold out of Takenoko) but the editor is sending more pieces with the reprint that is coming soon.

Thanks for making yourself available for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
Stefan B wrote:

I had the same issue back in June. Stefan and the team at Asmodee took excellent care of me and shipped the replacements out promptly. They're a pretty small group and they can get pretty busy during the convention season, but they always provide top notch customer service.

Hopefully he'll have more replacement bamboo in hand shortly and you'll be able to get to the playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been contacted by Asmodee and things are in motion. I will update when something noteworthy occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Matagot and Asmodee have combined to resolve this is a very satisfying manner. I am very pleased and grateful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Ok, Matagot and Asmodee have combined to resolve this is a very satisfying manner. I am very pleased and grateful!

What exactly are they doing for you? I was told I was going to have to wait until they got new parts in and never was told when that would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am being sent new components to replace the damgaed ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my replacements about 2 weeks after the initial email. Thumbs up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Components (all 3 bamboo colors) arrived safely in the mail yesterday.

Thank you Asmodee!

Now to start planning on doing the review on this game. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recevied my replacements yesterday as well. Thanks Asmodee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony T
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news that they were quick to help out! I just popped open my game and have the same problem with the bamboo

Looks like I need to shoot them an email as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boeschenstein
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having the same problem, my copy came with the three bamboo with moldy/dirty aspect and I am not getting any response for replacement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to inform that I received the replacement parts and I have to agree that this game is very cute.

It is the favorite game of my niece and my wife loves plays Takenoko when she are searching for something lighter.

I would like to thank Heather for answer me so well and congratulate Asmodee to be giving a coverage up even here in Brazil.

I bought this game in north america, however the Asmodee fulfill with the maintenance of the game far of her aria of production and demonstrated an impressive commitment to the community of board games on an international scope.

Congratulations Asmodee by the exemplary attitude. Keep up the good work!

I contacted Heather in shipping_us@asmodee.com. Excellent service.

Thanks Asmodee/Heather more one family of players are very happy!

*edited to add the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.