Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Grout
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just moved into Fredericton NB & I'm looking for gaming groups that meet on Mon or Wed. I play a wide variety of Euros (Ticket to Ride, Power Grid, Stone Age, etc), Ameritrash (TWI III, Dust, Galactic Emperor, Descent, Doom, etc) light war games (Axis & Allies-Bulge, Victory Point games, etc) & heavy war games (No Retreat, Hear I Stand, Labyrinth, FAB Sicily, etc)

Cheers, Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Warrior Monk wrote:
I've just moved into Fredericton NB & I'm looking for gaming groups that meet on Mon or Wed. I play a wide variety of Euros (Ticket to Ride, Power Grid, Stone Age, etc), Ameritrash (TWI III, Dust, Galactic Emperor, Descent, Doom, etc) light war games (Axis & Allies-Bulge, Victory Point games, etc) & heavy war games (No Retreat, Hear I Stand, Labyrinth, FAB Sicily, etc)

Cheers, Nigel

Hey Nigel, Where are you moving from?

In what part of town do you live?

There are a lot of gamers here in Freddy so I am sure we can hook you up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Grout
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got wheels, so I can hit most anyplace in Fredericton ;-)

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Stewart
Canada
Grand Bay-Westfield
NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Travis is good people. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JordanZS wrote:
Travis is good people. : )

And we're supposed to believe that after seeing a troublemaker like you vouch for him? Black mark on Travis to be sure...

(Jordan is also officially good people, in case the sarcasm was missed.)

At some point, we need to set up a local BGG meetup. There are a bunch of gamers in the area - yet sadly I've hardly met any of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Sorry for the double-post.)

So after exchanging a few email messages with Nigel, we agree: there needs to be some gaming. Pronto.

Possibilities?

Date:
I would suggest Wednesday August 29th - enough time to secure a location and spread the news without stepping on any plans for this week.

(a) I called GameZilla for information. They don't have a dedicated night for board games, but don't mind people gaming when they have "less busy" events (Wednesday works well). Apparently people don't usually just show up randomly to meet for games, so coming with a group was recommended. Store closes at 9pm.
(b) We have enough space in the walk-out basement here (my home on the North Side) to host a session, and I can probably clear that with my wife. In this case we would start a bit later, but wouldn't have to end until roughly 11:30pm.

Games:
Shouldn't be an issue to pick something, assuming that most people reading this will have a few games kicking around at home. (I'll play virtually anything, although my new-ish copy of Power Grid is itching for a run sometime.)

Is anyone else interested and/or available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
newuser wrote:
(Sorry for the double-post.)

So after exchanging a few email messages with Nigel, we agree: there needs to be some gaming. Pronto.

Possibilities?

Date:
I would suggest Wednesday August 29th - enough time to secure a location and spread the news without stepping on any plans for this week.

(a) I called GameZilla for information. They don't have a dedicated night for board games, but don't mind people gaming when they have "less busy" events (Wednesday works well). Apparently people don't usually just show up randomly to meet for games, so coming with a group was recommended. Store closes at 9pm.
(b) We have enough space in the walk-out basement here (my home on the North Side) to host a session, and I can probably clear that with my wife. In this case we would start a bit later, but wouldn't have to end until roughly 11:30pm.

Games:
Shouldn't be an issue to pick something, assuming that most people reading this will have a few games kicking around at home. (I'll play virtually anything, although my new-ish copy of Power Grid is itching for a run sometime.)

Is anyone else interested and/or available?

Not sure about availability yet but I like games. Keep me posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Grout
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone available for Wed 22 Aug at Gamezilla for 6pm?

I can't make it on the 29th, but I'm freed up in Sept.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Stewart
Canada
Grand Bay-Westfield
NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm in SJ but could probably make the trip to Freddy for some gaming on the 29th.
I'd have to work out the logistics with the wife as we're currently a single car household : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warrior Monk wrote:
Is anyone available for Wed 22 Aug at Gamezilla for 6pm?

I can't make it on the 29th, but I'm freed up in Sept.

Cheers

I'm fully booked this week. However, I'm flexible about future dates as long as there is enough advance notice to clear the time with my wife.

If next Wednesday already has one confirmed "no" and one "not certain" then maybe others could help suggest an alternate date? Wednesdays and weekends are generally good for me, Thursdays generally bad, and other days hit-and-miss depending on family obligations.

I've sent out a Geekmail message to a bunch of Fredericton-based BGGers pointing to this thread, hopefully generating some interest in the idea over the next couple of days. Let's see if there is any response.

(The date doesn't have to change. I'm still game for the 29th if people are available, although feel that asking Jordan to drive up would be a bit silly if we can't fill a table.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Grout
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for advance notice - I am available for Wed 5 Sept at Gamezilla or a hosted location. :-)

Cheers, Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warrior Monk wrote:
As for advance notice - I am available for Wed 5 Sept at Gamezilla or a hosted location. :-)

Cheers, Nigel

Count me in for Sept 5th. It will mean skipping basketball that week, but I'll take the hit. How about GameZilla for a location so that others could join without having to commit in advance? (The only trick will be limited games brought along to play.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Grout
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We need to set a time... 6pm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warrior Monk wrote:
We need to set a time... 6pm?

My apologies: work load this week means there will be no opportunity for gaming. Keeping my fingers crossed about sleep. I like games, but like keeping my job more.

Nigel, can we reschedule? If anyone else was going to hit GameStop this week then play without me and I'll try to be there another night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Grout
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understood about the work thing. I am available this Wed, but next week my work schedule keeps me away. We'll get it sorted one way or another

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.