Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stan Smith
Canada
London
ON
flag msg tools
mbmb
If a fleet is intercepted from an adjacent sea zone, and the interceptor wins, it appears (from the rules) that the loser can retreat to where the interceptor came from (assuming he vacated it to intercept). This is prohibited on land but not in the sea. But this doesn't seem right to me. Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
The sea is big.

Your interpretation of the rules is correct. If the adjacent sea zone (or friendly port) is empty, it's a valid retreat target.

One way to prevent this is to leave a ship behind to cut off retreats, you're not obligated to intercept with the whole stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
The sea is big.

Your interpretation of the rules is correct. If the adjacent sea zone (or friendly port) is empty, it's a valid retreat target.

One way to prevent this is to leave a ship behind to cut off retreats, you're not obligated to intercept with the whole stack.

Absolutely correct! This happened once to me where I had a reduced Turk fleet "trapped" in the Adriatic. I moved all of my force in to fight, won the battle and then he retreated back out to Ioninan (?). That's a lesson, I won't forget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.