United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Haven't posted an update on the heart issues with my family. Here's the last thread I posted about: Heart Issue Update

My boys have had their MRIs. We don't have any results back. I guess no news is good news.

My wife is having more episodes. Her defibrillator has had to kick in twice in one week.

Here is the timeline of v-tac for her:

1st episode - Aug 2010 Family reunion

2nd episode - Jan 2012 This one was caught while she was doing a stress test at the hospital. Very short and lasted only a few seconds.

3rd episode - Mar 2012 Sent to the ER. Had blood pressure of 40/16. Had to shock her twice to get her heart back into sinus rhythm (regular heart rate). Really sucks to get a call from the ICU saying she is crashing (not their words, but that was what they meant), get there at 2:41 (yup. I remember the exact time), and watch them shock your wife. Watching them have to breath for her. Watching her body lurch to the side while everyone in the room is standing back. Yup. Really sucks to see that.

Interlude
Apr 2012 had defibrillator installed in chest.

4th episode - Jun 2012 defibrillator outpaced the heart

5th episode - Aug 9th 2012 defibrillator outpaced the heart

6th episode - Aug 14th 2012 defibrillator outpaced the heart

The doctor is now limiting things she can do. He's also doubled her heart medicine dosage. This will lower her blood pressure more to limit the strain on her heart.

Honestly, I'm near tears as I write this. Such a gambit of emotions. I went to GenCon this last weekend and she was on my mind a lot. But then I would forget the heart stuff and just enjoy my time.

The doctor put her on restrictions while I was at GenCon so I wasn't a jerk and left during this. Originally the doctor didn't do any restrictions. But after looking things over he did.

I want to say thank you to all of you. I don't know you other than a name on a post. But, I feel that I do know you to a degree. And that me posting here is a way for me to release some of the pressure in my life. That, for the most part , no one here will judge me for talking about my personal life to strangers. That everyone here will be supportive and helpful. I hope that some day I can meet you in person and thank you personally for the messages of support. Until then: thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Heart Update .... some *number* "if I only had a..."
Well, had the 'Scarecrow' gotten his 'brain' too, while we're at "it" here? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Well, had the 'Scarecrow' gotten his 'brain' too, while we're at "it" here? whistle

Yes, visiting the Wizard would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best wishes. Take the time to do something you and your family enjoy (if that is possible). I hope things improve for you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for sharing. I think about your family a lot. Still praying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell her you love her and appreciate her EVERY DAY. Buy her that frivolous thing or things she's always wanted NOW.

:HUGS:

Prayers and more prayers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hang in there mate! Again you're doing everything right - you're an inspiration to all of us. Thanks be you are there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though we are strangers and names and avatars I hope we care.
I'm not good at this, so I just say: Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I continue to pray for you and your family. It's shocking what you are all continuing to go through, but you are coping amazingly well and being a huge support to your family..
Prayers and Blessings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, the whole thing just sucks. Sending all the good karma I can. Hang in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
I think one of the hardest things to deal with is that there are no outward signs of any problems. We will go walking, swimming (one of the things the doctor has restricted her from doing), hiking, and other activities. No one knows that anything is wrong unless we tell them, or they see the scar for the defibrillator. Then, in less than a second, her heart goes into v-fib, and she collapses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
How 'bout I sing you a song?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep putting one foot in front of the other, it's all anyone can do. Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Words fail me. I second everything written above and before me.
Stay strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
You are a stronger man than I will ever be.

All my love, prayers, hopes, and thoughts.

God Bless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
~"The 'longest journey' begins with a 'single step', and if THAT isn't onto some 'faster conveyance' than just plain walking, then 'moi' wouldn't bother undergoing SUCH to begin with!" shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:

I have heard this a lot. People telling me that they couldn't handle all that is going on. I guess I don't really understand what they're saying.

You don't give up. You can't give up. You just go on. There is no giving up. You can't stick your head in the sand and ignore what is in your face. You accept it for what it is. Understand that (insert your deity) has some grand plan. That in (insert your deity)s plan, this is what is needed. That no matter what you personally think, things will work out correctly in the whole scheme of life.

I think that everyone out there, no matter who they are, or what the situation is, would be able to be strong. That when faced with life threatening issues, will be there for everyone. That they can bear the burden that is put upon them.

I'm no stronger of a man than you would also be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clandaith wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

I have heard this a lot. People telling me that they couldn't handle all that is going on. I guess I don't really understand what they're saying.

You don't give up. You can't give up. You just go on. There is no giving up. You can't stick your head in the sand and ignore what is in your face. You accept it for what it is. Understand that (insert your deity) has some grand plan. That in (insert your deity)s plan, this is what is needed. That no matter what you personally think, things will work out correctly in the whole scheme of life.

I think that everyone out there, no matter who they are, or what the situation is, would be able to be strong. That when faced with life threatening issues, will be there for everyone. That they can bear the burden that is put upon them.

I'm no stronger of a man than you would also be.

It's this that makes you strong.

I have known people that fled when things were tough.

Prayers will continue. Good vibes and wishes too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.