Mage Wars Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Mage Wars with talent tree rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dejan Vlahović
Croatia
Varaždin
flag msg tools
Hi, i think this game is great, and to do more fun it will be nice to put some talent tree in game for every class, so prist could have nasty new healing spells only prist can have, wizard could have frost and fire tree with new spells only wizard can cast and .... like in World of Warcraft computer game.

Maybe put some exp. points when you kill monster so you can lv up your mage ( say till lv 10) and according to this for every lv you go up,you can spend 1 point on talent tree.

what you think guys,? you can even more customize your mage.

wizard ( frost, fire ) talent tree
beastmaster (survival,marksmanship) talent tree
warlock (demonology,afliction) talent tree
prist (shadow,holy) talent tree

Cya

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While talent trees are interesting, I think it would significantly add more record keeping and complexity to the game compared to the gains it would give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limiting spells use goes against the heart of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejan Vlahović
Croatia
Varaždin
flag msg tools
O, i didnt say limiting spells, just the opposite, even more spells will be in game, all spells stay , but with talent tree, each mage gets its own spells (eg. wizard in a first row of spells could have frostbolt in frost spec -its only a frostbolt token to add to the game-frostbolt do damage and slows target),in fire spec that could be Pyroblast, which do more dmg and also burn target etc...

So there will be all spells which are in game right now + 20 new spells for each mage (lv 10 hero cap max. and 2 spec trees).

If that to much spells (for the game itself i think) you can limit mage till lv 6 so there will be 12 new spells for each mage.

Main point is to customize your mage with your play stile even more (you can spend this 10 points in trees whatever you like- eg.3 in frost and 7 in fire but that way you cant reach top in fire tree and on top is strongest spell-but you have some points in frost for defense and you pretty strong in fire.
If you wana have strong burst dmg you go all in fire etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are already wizard only, or priestess only spells, as well as holy only or dark only etc.

trust me you can customize your mage A LOT! i came up with 3 totally different wizard builds at gen con. all worked very well but they were all very different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.