Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious the most people have seen.

I'm playing a Yucata game where a player finally stopped after 10 successful rolls. On a 5-7-9 combination. I think that's the most I've seen in the 15 times I've played which includes both FTF and Yucata, I was very impressed.

In other news, in my previous turn of the same game I busted on the 3rd roll of a 6-7-8 combination...shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played lots of Can't Stop, and I've had pretty much every bad break you can imagine. I once rolled four sixes on my first roll when the only number closed out was 12. However, I once established 6-7-8 and ran the 6 from the bottom to the top in one turn, which took about 20 rolls.

I've calculated the probabilities of a successful roll for each of the three-number combinations. For 6-7-8 the chance of "crapping out" is only 8.02%, so it's easier than you might expect to rack up ten or more rolls. With 6-7-8, the probability of rolling 20 consecutive times without busting is about 19%—by no means a gimme, but not too difficult to manage if you're desperate. The chance of rolling 5-7-9 is 85.34%, and so the probability of 10 successful rolls in a row is just about 20%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.