Subject: My storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uncle Lar
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
After seeing the "Dominion (& Carcassone) Carrying Case" message and the price of $55+ I thought I'd chime in with my solution.

An example of a similar case would be $37 plus shipping from here:
http://www.briefcase.com/Solo-K85-Classic-Collection-Expanda...

I bought mine long ago for different reasons. It's solid, lockable and easy to carry.

I fitted a thin wooden board in the bottom to provide a flat solid base. My sections are made of heavy card stock glued together. Each section easily holds 500+ premium-sleeved cards with room to get your fingers in to get them in and out, or more cards if you want to store them tighter. Card dividers are just paper ones to reduce thickness. The only things not in the case are the square token mats and all the various tokens. It weighs just over 21 pounds as shown.

Dark Ages and Guilds will definitely not fit. I now have to take the storage out of the top and create new bottom sections high enough to hold vertical cards without crushing them, which should work, as the case is expandable in depth and is not expanded now. It should then hold 3000+ cards when I put 6 sections in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
This post did not disappoint. I have one of those sitting in my closet. I have found my solution!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.