Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've been reading some threads and came across the whole forking discussion. I think I'm following everything, but I had a question in regards to Force March (which brought up a question in regards to calculating activation costs).

Are activation costs determined prior to activiating/mustering? Or can you pay on the fly? For instance, I sacrifice 0 cards and move a stack into a new location. After moving, I decide I'd like to move another stack. Can I pay a card now?

In regards to force marching, I think I understand this correctly...but, I would discard at the "end of a movement" to advance an additional location. I can't spend a card the start of the movement and then split the stack to gain a "double force march" from one card, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. I would play it as you say - only one group is being "force marched". But I have been surprised by "official" answers regarding movement before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7.3.3 is very clear that a group that force-marches must begin, stay, and end together. Specifically: "A force march applies to a group of blocks that begin, finish, and move together." For what it's worth, 7.3.3 also says that the card plays "initiates" the force march.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.