Subject: Tournament Footage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if they're going to post in the video section, but Team Covenant put up video of the Gen Con tournament final and interviews with the finalists. Cool to see the game actually played.

http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2012/08/20/gencon-2012-netrunne...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bergeron
United States
Sulphur
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
Don't know if they're going to post in the video section, but Team Covenant put up video of the Gen Con tournament final and interviews with the finalists. Cool to see the game actually played.

http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2012/08/20/gencon-2012-netrunne...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
You just made my night a lot more interesting, Steve!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should this be moved to the "Sessions" forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
I am apparently very talkative and very dorky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dugger

Corvallis
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting trick there with bank job + pawnshop. I was wondering why they left you the option to leave bits on the table, and I guess that's one good reason. The combo with rabbit hole is handy as well.

And yea, precog is just as amazing in NR as impulse is in MtG. Clearly both players saw this, as they both appeared to run 3x. Makers Eye screws with it a bit, as does Demolition Run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:

Nah dude. We all appreciated the narration. You're the good kind of dorky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Jekel
Poland
Torun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:

Without your comments, it would be hard to watch, especially considering that the first video lasts 50 minutes. It seems that the first game was really slow due to the lack of agendas. After reading the rules, I thought that it would not be the issue, but maybe it was the luck-of-the-draw. How were the other matches that you played?

The other game played much smoother and the tension was much higher. Enjoyed that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:

I will second the others, your narration made watching fun. Have you considered becoming a NetRunner caster a la StarCraft's Day[9]?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:

Nah, man. You sounded well spoken and informed, for sure. I thought David Kempe did a great job of eloquently summarizing his experience as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael K.
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked watching those two games. Would love to see more, but I am already sold on the game. Cant wait to get it.

The matches were really interesting with lots of decisions. The pawn shop bank job move was awesome. ^^ As for the narration, that was really nice too, since it made the game more understandable while watching.

Congrats to both of the finalists!

Also, those play mats are looking sweet as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kempe-Cook
United States
BLOOMINGTON
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Chrondeath wrote:

Nah, man. You sounded well spoken and informed, for sure. I thought David Kempe did a great job of eloquently summarizing his experience as well.

Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought it was interesting that both corperation created one super fort to store everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
i thought it was interesting that both corperation created one super fort to store everything.

That's pretty standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Heh, thanks for the encouragement, guys.

pwnguin wrote:
And yea, precog is just as amazing in NR as impulse is in MtG. Clearly both players saw this, as they both appeared to run 3x. Makers Eye screws with it a bit, as does Demolition Run.

I was playing it for the combo with Accelerated Beta Test, primarily (although if it hadn't been a good card on its own I shouldn't have run it). I think the three influence pips might be too expensive for running it out-of-faction just on its own merits, when compared against all the other out-of-faction stuff you might want.

It's not as good as Impulse because it doesn't give you a card; it's actually Index (don't know if Index got played much or not.)

Dalek5 wrote:

Well, ice (and actions to install ice) are limited, so even with the increasing install cost you don't really want to ice more forts than you have to. That's why Noise's trashing ability and Sneakdoor Beta are such a pain, because they make you have to ice an extra fort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the video!

Quick question, toward the end of the first video, the corp player installed what appeared to be a 2nd asset/agenda in his remote server. I thought this was not allowed. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Drinkdrawers wrote:
Thanks for the video!

Quick question, toward the end of the first video, the corp player installed what appeared to be a 2nd asset/agenda in his remote server. I thought this was not allowed. What am I missing?

Wasn't it rezzed later in the video to show that it was Akitaro Watanabe? He is an upgrade and you can have as many of those in a server as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right you are. I forgot about those. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Santa Clara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:

I enjoyed your comments. Made the video really worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.