Subject: This was asked in the Faq in the Files section. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clayton Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I've encountered two problems not covered in the errata. Firstly, the temple of Athena says that it gives all other players a down bump when your education is six or higher. Does this mean they get the down bump on the turn you get six, or only on future turns? Secondly, there is a building that makes all future buildings cost one less generic resource. Does this mean not playing one resource of my choice, or does it only work on building that specifically cost a generic resource? Anybody know the answers to these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
fourltrman wrote:
the temple of Athena says that it gives all other players a down bump when your education is six or higher. Does this mean they get the down bump on the turn you get six, or only on future turns?

Rulebook (page 14 of the .pdf here on BGG):

If worshipping Athena raises your culture to 6 or more, the negative effect does apply to your opponents. But if worshipping Athena only raises your culture to 5, and you use the benefit of the Temple to raise it to 6, the negative effect does not occur.

fourltrman wrote:
there is a building that makes all future buildings cost one less generic resource. Does this mean not playing one resource of my choice, or does it only work on building that specifically cost a generic resource?

Rulebook (page 13 of the .pdf here on BGG):

When you have a Marble Quarry, your cost for all Buildings (common and unique) is reduced by one resource of your choice.

If these clarifications are not enough, please ask again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Goh
Singapore
sg
singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as to say Temple of Athena effect is an one time off effect and not a passive effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
velvetto wrote:
So as to say Temple of Athena effect is an one time off effect and not a passive effect?

I don't think I've understood the question.
Were there cases (during the game) that you were unsure how to resolve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.