Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a file or document collecting all FAQs and errata for this game?

I have a boatload of questions and perhaps they've already been answered elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched for any online info and came up with a few things.

edited for clarity and brevity

ERRATA

- The VIII and XX US Corps starts the game in the Strategic Reserve.

- in Chapter 2, Sequence of Play, in the final phase, remove "Verification of the success of the political objective of the turn."

FAQs

>1. Can you save unused PR points?
Yes.

>2. Can you rebuild destroyed GF's? If so,does it cost anything and where would you place a rebuilt GF?
No it is free and you put it back in the Strategic Reserve Box.

>3. Can you move after an attack?
No automatic advance after combat if you think about that but if you have Action Points remaining, yes.

>4. Does the Patton/Zhukov counter allow #3 above to occur?
The counter gives a free Action Point, so yes.

>5. What are the maximum number of PA's that a single unit can have?
One is free, one is by paying a Resource point and one (or more) with stratagem counters.

>6. Can a unit go from a contested zone to an empty enemy zone? If so, how much would it cost?
No, this is forbidden. From a contested you can only go to a friendly zone or another contested zone.

>7. When a player uses AP's,does he declare all his attacks for all his units and after the results, he can move? I guess what I am asking is that one doesn't have to do a fight/move sequence, one could move three spaces with the free PA, a PR, and a strategem, right? Or fight three times?
There is no sequence or special way to spend the AP. You can move or fight three times if you want (and can, of course).

>8. Also, is the 19 PR track a limit on the number of PR's that can be saved?
No, the 19 is not a limit...

>9. the way I understand the rules is that a GF needs to use a AP for an attack, but to add in the half strength of any other GFs in the same space does not cost an additional AP...correct?
Yes correct, the others GF add half power for free... Western allies have very good for that with 3 allowed in the same area.

>10. Axis Retreats: After a combat, Axis unit may retreat (after Hitler authorization on a die-roll with modifiers). But, in the action phase, before combat, may Axis unit leave a contested area voluntarily or do they have to request the same authorization?
No need to roll for leaving a contested area during movement, only a retreat during a combat.

OPTIONAL RULE

I really think the weakest German units must be the first units to be built. That is what happened in history.
I agree with you, rebuild the weakest German unit or select randomly which units can be rebuilt - choose either option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astonishingly, these FAQs and errata don't answer the questions I had.

Anyone have any suggestions on who I might contact?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Lockwood
Australia
Blacktown
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the enlightenment regarding the above. I was very interested in the clarification of the part of the rules not allowing the advance into enemy territory unless enemy units were there.
For me, the victory conditions and how empty zones become friendly to the other side are still causing me concern.
You can contact the game designer by sending a personal message via the 'Geek. You can find one of them in this forum as he has replied to some questions in other threads, otherwise clicking on the designers name at the top of the game page will also do the trick.

Edit: Quickest is this link:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/lucolivier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!
We decided to play this finally after owning it for close to two years. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised by the general design philosophy and the clever mechanics. The game certainly has a good feel to it and there is the core of a great game here. The FAQ's helped as did the errata. I can't comment yet on the balancing issues mentioned, but the list of suggestions certainly look reasonable. The rules were admittedly a challenge to interpret, not only because of the rules translations but also by some of the cloudy concepts. These rules BEG to be re-written and re-organized. But as I said, there is a great game in there.

A few rules questions we ran into, besides the normal questions:

1) Why are the eliminated units divided into two piles - infantry and armor? We assumed you conduct the automatic rebuilding for each type of unit independently, so that armor units generally take longer to get back into the game.

2) What the heck is going on with the Mulberries? Are their PR's in addition to the Ports, instead of the Ports, do they apply only for the units that actually invaded? We played that they are used instead of the Ports until any one of the originally invading units moves out of the area - then you go by the Port rule.

3) In the Political Events for Patton/Montgomery, what exactly does "All the PRs of the turn must be used as reinforcements for the attack of the GF's ... " mean? There is no definition in the rules of "reinforcement for the attack". Is that units added or PA expenditures or .... what?

Any assistance would be helpful as we plan on playing this again.

Thanks!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.