United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an Axis stratagem called "Propaganda."

There is a Soviet stratagem called "Propaganda."

Under the description of the Soviet stratagem it says as the Axis stratagem "Szorkeny."

That obvious typo in "Skorzeny" got me thinking that the description was probably wrong and should read -

As the Axis stratagem "Propaganda."

Am I correct?

Or is Soviet Propaganda actually treated differently from Axis Propaganda?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Lockwood
Australia
Blacktown
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My feeling is that the designer(s) wanted the two chits to operate a little differently. But of course, I could be wrong. Sorry, it doesn't seem to help much does it?shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input nonetheless.

I probably wouldn't have thought too much about this if that obvious "Szorkeny" typo weren't there. That such an obvious thing could slip through production calls everything into question.

I mean, it looks like a simple "block and copy" error to me. Copy the phrase "...as Szorkeny" (typo and all) and then forget to substitute the word "Propaganda."

In fact, absent further clarification, I'm just going to assume this is an example of slap-dash editing. Propaganda is propaganda, after all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Tim is right -- the Soviet Propaganda strategem should obviously match the German Propaganda strategem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.