Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan F.
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
If COGS are in the same area they can exchange equipment/ammo before their order step.

Would this change the game drastically?

Thematically a squad of 4 COGs would be able to pass weapons/ammo to each other during a firefight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a provision for it in the rules. If you wanted to house rule according to what you can do in the video games, you'd need to have a spare weapon on the ground to be able to swap things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby & Penny Goodman
United States
Prescott Valley
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this was left out purely from a game design stand point. It's difficult to do properly and creates rule clutter since it's not so simple as it would seem.

If a COG can trade/give equipment, what's to stop them from passing the same powerful weapon back and forth every turn? So you have to put a limit on it, a particular time you can do it, a cost, etc. Thus you have a non-intuitive fiddly rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bobbypen wrote:
I think this was left out purely from a game design stand point. It's difficult to do properly and creates rule clutter since it's not so simple as it would seem.

If a COG can trade/give equipment, what's to stop them from passing the same powerful weapon back and forth every turn? So you have to put a limit on it, a particular time you can do it, a cost, etc. Thus you have a non-intuitive fiddly rule.

I dont think so personally cause the one wanting the weapon gives an order card to exchange if the other player wants or both players discard an order card to exchange weapons thats it no further rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlieNerd
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmb
Trade should be considered a special action, discarding one action card, (not allowing to trade starting weapons) when another COG is in your area.

In fact, it shouldn't be called "trade", but "give equips/ammo" instead, because it should not allow to receive equips/ammo from another COG in this action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.