Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Decision games Mini games by Joe Miranda are available for ordering now.
http://shop.decisiongames.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=84
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
They'll make 'wondrous gifts' then, so; send them 'moi' W~A~Y already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll look forward to some reviews. I'm interested in the Custer topic, but Joesph mentioned over on CSW "wild swings in fortune" based on how the cards come out, which doesn't appeal to me. And I feel burned on the folio games. Somebody else is going to have go first on these...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I looked these over and have to state that the 1st GAME is the best appearing for 'aesthetics' through their 'muted'-background as it stood out best. It is uncertain to myself if their "colorized factors" meant something in particular, while maybe include a *symbol* around that also, for anyone with 'colorblind' aspects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take a peek at them in a couple weeks, when Decision is at the next Strategicon show in L.A. I'm curious about some of them, so I just might take a chance on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These all look pretty interesting. I'd love a look at the rules first, but I could see acquiring one of the 2-player and one solitaire games in the near future to try them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Border War: Angola Raiders and it looks good. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
I've got Border War: Angola Raiders and it looks good. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Irony, the two games I am most interested in Congo, Angola are solo's and I pretty much don't solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very interesting, I'll wait till they have specials before taking the plunge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I really like the look of the 2 solo games.

Does anyone know if there is anything on CSW about these ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
As in all things DG, I'll wait for the reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two WW2 aerial warfare games? My my, this is tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zuludawn wrote:
As in all things DG, I'll wait for the reviews.

You are wise beyond your ears.

(Though I do think having Joe Miranda as designer was a smart move by DG.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
These look very neat, have added the 2 Ancient ones and 2 WWII ones to my wishlist under 'Thinking about' would definitely like to read some feedback first. That being said they do look good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
These look very neat, have added the 2 Ancient ones and 2 WWII ones to my wishlist under 'Thinking about' would definitely like to read some feedback first. That being said they do look good.

Also curious about the ancient ones. Belisarius' War is a subject I know almost nothing about. I do wonder if I'll be able to wait for the review on that one . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Y
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Congo Merc: The Congo, 1964, and ran through the rules quickly (only 4 pages of system rules and 2 pages of scenario rules) and stumbled through a game for a little bit. It seems pretty brutal, but that's okay in a solo game. I still have it set up and will give it another go shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I helped Joe playtest Congo Merc: The Congo, 1964 a while back, and it is brutal. But games last only about 20-30 minutes so you can always give it another go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
jheaney wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Also curious about the ancient ones. Belisarius' War is a subject I know almost nothing about. I do wonder if I'll be able to wait for the review on that one . . .

Same here, Im already trying to find some books on the subject matter. For only $13 its kinda hard to not go ahead and give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
jheaney wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

"Count Belisarius" by Robert Graves is a fun novel. He also wrote "I Claudius". Got no idea if it is at all historically accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan R.
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
I helped Joe playtest Congo Merc: The Congo, 1964 a while back, and it is brutal. But games last only about 20-30 minutes so you can always give it another go.
Brutal is good. As long as it's a good game. I have that and Border War: Angola Raiders on order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opportunity to play near-publication versions of both "Congo Merc" and "Eagle Day" at CSW Expo back in June. Generally speaking, they were pretty clever little designs, but both still felt a bit rough around the edges -- nothing that a couple extra weeks of development work wouldn't have fixed, but from talking with Joe Miranda (who shepherded me through the two games) I think DG considered them both to be more or less finished at that point. Too bad, because I thought the designs seemed to have a lot of potential. However, to be fair, any issues with the games could probably be solved with a few easily implemented "house rules," and at their price I don't see having to do something like that as being a deterent to buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the topics certainly are intriguing...you guys who already bought,hurry up and play and let us know.

But that "rough around the edges" is exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't want to play developer....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schindler
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett W
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Quote:
"Count Belisarius" by Robert Graves is a fun novel. He also wrote "I Claudius". Got no idea if it is at all historically accurate.

Both books are worth reading, most certainly. As for accuracy, well only in the broad historical outlines not all the plot twists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett W
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Quote:
For only $13 its kinda hard to not go ahead and give it a go.

Do not forget the shipping. About $7 for up to 3 games to Michigan. Anyone else getting different numbers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.