Hide
11 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: So confused about inner sanctum! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shiver Ali
msg tools
It isn't mentioned in our rule book either.

After getting a Silver Twilight Lodge Membership.

Any Phase: Whenever you have an encounter at the Silver Twilight Lodge, you have an encounter at the Inner Sanctum instead.

We have no idea what the Inner Sanctum is, we found the pdf rule book and searched for it and nothing comes up for it.

Please help us figure this out ASAP! We stopped the game and will continue once we figure this out so hopefully it wont be DAYS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look on the Arkham Location cards. There are listings for the Witch House, the Silver Twilight Lodge, and the Inner Sanctum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Inner Sanctum is one of the possible locations on each pertinent Arkham Encounter card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Don't you pull a silver twilight card, and it has two sections on it - a normal one, and an inner sanctum part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin is correct. The next time the character with the membership goes to the Silver Twilight Lodge you read the encounter for the Inner Sanctum from the location card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiver Ali
msg tools
Wow we totally felt stupid after reading these replies. Thanks guys! Man playing for the first time got frustrating to the point we couldn't figure things out! LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, it's the best game available today. I guess I'm a "fanboy". That qualification out there, keep playing. The rules get easier, the game becomes more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the game, but my main issue with Arkham Horror with all expansions is the time it takes to set up.

Normally, we only play with one expansion board or none, while keeping all the cards mixed in.
But having acquired games now with much faster setup, Arkham Horror just doesn't hit the table as often.
We'd play it more frequently if someone set it up for us and then cleaned up afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magmaxtic wrote:
I love the game, but my main issue with Arkham Horror with all expansions is the time it takes to set up.

Normally, we only play with one expansion board or none, while keeping all the cards mixed in.
But having acquired games now with much faster setup, Arkham Horror just doesn't hit the table as often.
We'd play it more frequently if someone set it up for us and then cleaned up afterwards.

We found a good short cut is to bag stuff together in labled bags during teardown. It saves us some time by keeping us from trying to remember for example, what the Hypnos cards are for when Bast is the Guardian. We also have the IOS app, but actally like to use the cards, go figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
I bought the initial app but don't use it... there's something nice about pulling an actual card and reading it as opposed to passing around a phone. If I wanted things computerised I'd play a computer game... right? ;-)

Also every add-on deck costs a dollar or two as an in-app purchase. Annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of examples of AH fans using creative storage to make the game set up easier. I myself took an old heirloom style silverware box and used it to house the game with the expansions seperated in little folders. Setup takes almost no time, but the trade off is that you take the time AFTER the game setting it up for the next game.

These links

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/38929/item/1284670#item128...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5011217#5011217

lead to pictures of my storage solution. There are MANY other examples of creative and inexpensive storage solutions on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.