Dominion: Dark Ages» Forums » General

Subject: Hey Donald, post your secret history here rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thuru Uma
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
I know that you've been busy GenCon-ing it up, but if you get a minute, spill the beans!whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jukunawi wrote:
I know that you've been busy GenCon-ing it up, but if you get a minute, spill the beans!whistle
Patience grasshoppper....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Troughton
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And make me a sandwich while you're at it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
The secret history is pretty much the only thing stopping me from releasing the next Dominion Annotated Rules, so I'm with the OP on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
jukunawi wrote:
I know that you've been busy GenCon-ing it up, but if you get a minute, spill the beans!:whistle:

I did not go to GenCon, I avoid cons when I can.

I think of the secret histories as being mildly promotional, so I like to wait to post them until the expansion is actually in stores. It will probably only be a few more days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
jukunawi wrote:

I think of the secret histories as being mildly promotional, so I like to wait to post them until the expansion is actually in stores. It will probably only be a few more days.

It was in my FLGS on Friday! This was an excellent release, with it being at Gen Con and then in stores the same day or next.

I'm loving the set so far it's re-energized the game for us more than any other expansion. My friends and I are talking about it and making plans for playing as much as possible like we used to in the very early days (we played Saturday and tonight, and I just got it on Saturday).

Here's my secret history: collect Rats even if you're not sure why you're doing it because either way it's fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
It was in my FLGS on Friday! This was an excellent release, with it being at Gen Con and then in stores the same day or next.

Out already? Great! This means the Finnish version will be out already sometime next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like we could get sneak previews of the Secret histories for the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Korneliussen
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
donaldx wrote:

I think of the secret histories as being mildly promotional, so I like to wait to post them until the expansion is actually in stores.

Apropos that, with the Gauntlet of Fools Kickstarter, the marketing value would probably be high right now... no pressure, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
jukunawi wrote:

You seem to have a problem with avoiding prestigious International Game-Design awards in person too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lab Gnome
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
stampimo wrote:

And it better be cut in half the way I like! So help me if you cut it horizontal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Williams
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LabGnome wrote:
stampimo wrote:

And it better be cut in half the way I like! So help me if you cut it horizontal...

...because everyone knows that diagonal cuts taste better -- it's a fact!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
I think of the secret histories as being mildly promotional, so I like to wait to post them until the expansion is actually in stores.

I would never have thought of it that way. Are there really people who decide to buy the sets after reading the secret histories? I thought it would be the other way around - you play it, then you want to know how it came to be.

In any case, looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
I would never have thought of it that way. Are there really people who decide to buy the sets after reading the secret histories?

Probably there are people who see the secret history (because they are wildly popular and will be visible from the main page and/or help move said dominion expansion up the hot games list) and thus learn that there's another dominion expansion available which they should check out. It makes sense that the publisher would want this to occur when the game is actually available to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.