Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Were you a kickstarter? Did you get a shipping notification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a kickstarter of the original game with the "In Cahoots" expansion when released and I did not get a recent shipping confirmation.

So far the game components look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that means mine is imminent as I am in tha same boat! Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Robins
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Kickstarted the original game with "In Cahoots" expansion as well. I'm also wondering about the timing of the shipping as well. Looking forward to this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is really chomping at the bit for a review, ill do a simple bullet list real quick since I wont have a real review until Wednesday of next week.
* Rulebook is the cleaned up version but has a few typos
* Card stock for the cards is really good with no warping issues
* Artwork is more of the same (good in my opinion)
* Some cards have mechanics that wont appear until later expansions ( a la Race for the galaxy and I think Core Worlds did the same? )
* New "Named" Zombies that when drawn cause you to add a 2nd Zombie along with them
* 2 player rules work, but this game is still best as a filler 3-5 player game (have yet to get a 6 player game going)
* The box is a nice sturdy box about the size of 3 decks of playing cards stacked back to back, if you have the original game though all the cards nicely fit in there so you will be tossing this in the recycle bin.

Hopefully this will tide you over if you are chomping at the bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today, and first impressions are as follows:

I'm putting together an unboxing/first impressions review right now, but I'm kind of on the fence about it.

*My box was crushed slightly at the top front corners. Not a huge deal, but since the boxes are nice, it's a letdown.

*Dice are kind of ugly. I prefer the original green one, honestly.

*The expansion isn't just flee heavy, it's about 90 percent flee cards. This limits the variety and replayability imo, so as a standalone it's not so hot.

*The rules offer NO explanations on how to add the new "In Cahoots" zombies to the zombie deck. One of the zombies has no correlation in level to any existing zombie (there is a level 3 zombie. He is the only level 3 zombie in the deck). Rules make no reference to their inclusion.

I am pleased, though, with the quality and the use of In Cahoots as a 5-6 player expansion for the base game (Which is why I bought it), and I really like the weapons from the mini-expansion that was also sent to kickstarters (Weapons of Mass Destruction).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Mine arrived today, and first impressions are as follows:

I'm putting together an unboxing/first impressions review right now, but I'm kind of on the fence about it.

*My box was crushed slightly at the top front corners. Not a huge deal, but since the boxes are nice, it's a letdown.

*Dice are kind of ugly. I prefer the original green one, honestly.

*The expansion isn't just flee heavy, it's about 90 percent flee cards. This limits the variety and replayability imo, so as a standalone it's not so hot.

*The rules offer NO explanations on how to add the new "In Cahoots" zombies to the zombie deck. One of the zombies has no correlation in level to any existing zombie (there is a level 3 zombie. He is the only level 3 zombie in the deck). Rules make no reference to their inclusion.

I am pleased, though, with the quality and the use of In Cahoots as a 5-6 player expansion for the base game (Which is why I bought it), and I really like the weapons from the mini-expansion that was also sent to kickstarters (Weapons of Mass Destruction).

Thanks for reminding me, I still do not have my Zombie Dice. I need to follow up on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just did a zombie card count. There are 4 level 8 zombies in the package (merging base w/ expansion). You would need 5 in order to support a 6 player game, as per the base rules. There are extras of the rest, though. Still no idea how the In-Cahoots zombies get added.

So basically, since I ordered this to play 6 player games, it's now broken as it only has enough level 8 zombies to support 5 players max.

This really bums me out, another sloppy oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
I also just did a zombie card count. There are 4 level 8 zombies in the package (merging base w/ expansion). You would need 5 in order to support a 6 player game, as per the base rules. There are extras of the rest, though. Still no idea how the In-Cahoots zombies get added.

So basically, since I ordered this to play 6 player games, it's now broken as it only has enough level 8 zombies to support 5 players max.

This really bums me out, another sloppy oversight.

I am not sure its an oversight, yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully they will clarify. They do state this brings max players to 6, so who knows...How are you using the new zombies thus far? Just substituting for an equal level "base" zombie? Have you used the level 3 one in a game?

As for the "missing" lvl 8, I figure there are enough extra lvl 4 zombies, I could throw 2 of them into a 6 player game, but it's not the same (especially since you CAN fight off individual zombies, as opposed to having to flee them all). Fighting 2 level 4's isn't the same as facing a level 8 and something else! Those 8's can be scary....lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Mine arrived. Nice to receive a kickstarter item. It seems like the number of pending kickstarter items grows more than it shrinks. (Yes, I know this issue is mine.) And I am still anticipating Mutant Meeples.

Edit: Spelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Hopefully they will clarify. They do state this brings max players to 6, so who knows...How are you using the new zombies thus far? Just substituting for an equal level "base" zombie? Have you used the level 3 one in a game?

As for the "missing" lvl 8, I figure there are enough extra lvl 4 zombies, I could throw 2 of them into a 6 player game, but it's not the same (especially since you CAN fight off individual zombies, as opposed to having to flee them all). Fighting 2 level 4's isn't the same as facing a level 8 and something else! Those 8's can be scary....lol.

There are 5 special Zombies making 1 full set. You add one set of Zombies per player over 2 so if you always consider the 5 special Zombies as part of a set then you have enough Zombies for 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to BGG users, got clarification on those issues

Thank you all! I was wondering how those new zombies would work, shame they can't be used in 2 player games without some kind of house-rule/homemade variant.

Still enjoy the game though. Even though it's flee heavy In Cahoots has some cool cards for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flashburn
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as a backer of the original EbZ + Expansion Kickstarter, did you get any of the stretch rewards for the In Cahoots Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the yellow die and the mini-expansion "Weapons of Mass Destruction"(5 new weapon swag cards), plus the 100 pack of sleeves. Also 2 other yellow dice and an original green die. All arrived together in a USPS bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flashburn
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very awesome, can't wait to get my package!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Puente
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got mine in. The box was also slightly crushed and the rules for the 5-6 player game were vague. It's funny how much better this game is if you're a member of BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert T.
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vienna reporting. It's in Europe already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting on mine. I haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine Wednesday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Morris
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting as well. Does anyone know if the games for the Netherlands all went out on the same day ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.