Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Gen Con, had an amazing time. Great people and great games. The breakdown:

Games:
New Hotness:
Seasons - Fun game, I see the buzz. 2 player was a lot of fun, and thanks to Joel for the teach.

Libertalia - A little light for my tastes, but very fun still.

Fleet - cool Hot for me Got to play with some great guys that showed up to our Gen Con event. We had a bunch despite not being in the book. Scot (fury00) and a bunch of others! Also met some backers and played in the library - Burke (Zaxenexaz), John, and Susan. I also got to play a game of Fleet with the venerable
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb

7 Wonders: Cities - dont get 7 Wonders on the table much, but this expansion is GREAT.

Crude: The Oil Game - Saw the game and bits courtesy of
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and it looks gorgeous.

Smash Up - not my thing. Did not enjoy it, but I can see the attraction. Very cool and top notch job on it by AEG.

Dominion: Dark Ages - nice add on. Solid addition, definately not a stinker like Alchemy.

Nothing Personal - Excuse my internet bragging for a sec. I was able to play this being taught by
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb

My opponents:
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb

Needless to say, I have no idea how I ended up at that table. Fun game with some serious social elements. Maz was crowned Capo, but Lance really drove the action.

New to me:
Utopia - Good mechanics with some awesome molded bits but terrible implementation of the other bits and poor rules. There is a good game in there though.

Automobile - not totally new, played once before. Great game. Love it. Plus, I got to play it with
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
. Great guy and great Youtube series http://www.youtube.com/user/WatchItPlayed

Galaxy Trucker - WOW. I LOVED this game. Chaotic is not usually my style, but this game ruled. A must buy.

RoboRally - fun game. Glad I tried, but noy really for me.

Navegador - Liked it A LOT. First time through and it was good.

Can't Stop - actually it was that can't stop but in the north pole game. Name escapes me, but nothing there to remember anyway.

Old Favorites:
Samurai - One of my favs. Played with Burke, John, and Susan. Susan and I enjoyed our shared victory!

Ticket to Ride - with Ancient China. Fun map.

more games and people I am forgetting... alex, huong, errr other awesome people.

oh! We sat down for a chat with CW of Dragon Valley

Food:
The trucks were nice. Had a great sammich and some meh pizza. Went to the slippery noodle one night. No North Market though...

Library:
Solid, but packed.
Origins CABS Room >>>>>>> Library, but that is not the library's fault per se, the CABS room is just that good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, shared Samurai victory!

Just wanted to say thank you for teaching us those games and for letting us play some Fleet! Can't wait to get it!

It was great meeting you and Ben!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chrest
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Sounds like you had a blast! Good for you. I was there for Thurs-Sat. I spent $300+ and had a great time. I knew what games I wanted to buy when I went there, but i ended up not buying a few and ended up buying some I had not even heard of entering Thursday! That is what makes Gen Con great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
susanhiding wrote:
Yeah, shared Samurai victory!

Just wanted to say thank you for teaching us those games and for letting us play some Fleet! Can't wait to get it!

It was great meeting you and Ben!

Susan, it was great to meet you too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.