United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a copy of Libertalia at GenCon, making Asmodee my first stop (much to my dismay of not getting any copies of Netrunner as a trade off). The coins are lovely, but they don't have the same number or type as are included with the game with the cardboard coins.

Here's the breakdown:
The game has 45 copper (value 1), 15 silver (value 5), and 13 gold (value 10).
The metal coins have 0 copper, 40 silver, and 20 gold.

So I'm not really sure how to use these. Was the intent of the publisher to have people use the cardboard copper, and only have metal coins for the higher denominations? If so, why are the quantities of silver and gold so wildly different between cardboard and metal versions?

I'm tempted to use the silver metal coins for value 1, and the gold metal coins for value 5, but this would leave no coins of value 10, which means we'd likely run dry in a 5 or 6 player game.

Any suggestions from the publisher, or from other promo coin owners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cline
United States
South Whitley
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't have a problem with it with 5 players. Remember, the coins are reset at the end of every week, so you shouldn't run out. We used them as silver=1 and gold=5, and didn't have any trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee had 2 demos of this running at their booth. I was able to play a 6 player game there. They used the silver as 1's and the gold as 5's. We never had to resort to the cardboard tokens and only used the metal ones. It was stated that in a 6 player game, you MAY need to break out the cardboard tokens if there is a particularly large scoring round, but that didn't happen in our game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent.

Good to know that it's unlikely to be a problem.
Thanks for the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Like other says, you can use the metal coins as 1 and 5.

Note that you can use these coins with any other games, like it was the intention of Marabunta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.