Pair
Sequence of Pairs
Triples

But in every player aid I read, the order is as follows:

Single
Pair
Triple
Sequence of Pairs

I've searched the forum, but didn't find an answer why the priority has been changed in the player aids. I'd love to find out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm there is no priority per se....

Tichu not like Big two where the poker hands can beat each other.

Here, each trick played must follow in type and # of cards as the initially led trick. (well except for bombs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Waenink
New Zealand
Whangarei
Northland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequence is not very important. Only singles (and bombs) can be played on singles. Only pairs (and bombs) can be played on pairs and so on. Runs must have the same length. Sequence of pairs must have the same number of pairs.

The order doesn't really matter as the person leading the trick can choose any legal combination from their hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
As the others say, there is no priority between the different types of leads. Once someone leads a particular combination everyone is locked into playing higher versions of that same type of combination.

The only exceptions are the 4-of-a-kind and straight-flush bombs, which can be played on any other combination and themselves can only be beaten by better bombs (measured first by number of cards and then by rank of the cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
As the others say, there is no priority between the different types of leads. Once someone leads a particular combination everyone is locked into playing higher versions of that same type of combination.

The only exceptions are the 4-of-a-kind and straight-flush bombs, which can be played on any other combination and themselves can only be beaten by better bombs (measured first by number of cards and then by rank of the cards).

Bombs can be measured by rank of the cards? Are you sure?
In my opinion four of a kind of eights can be beaten by a straight flush and not by four of a kind of nines, since bombs are measured only by card count. At least that's what I've read in the rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
Bombs can be measured by rank of the cards? Are you sure?

From the rules:

Quote:
Bombs can be played at any moment (e.g. out of turn) to take a trick. They beat anything, be it a single card or a combination. The higher bombs beat the lower. (The rank of bombs is determined (1) by the number of cards and (2) by the rank of the cards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Longer bombs beat shorter bombs. If two bombs have the same number of cards, the one with the highest card wins.

So all straight flush bombs beat all 4 of a kinds. Longer straight flushes beat shorter ones, regardless of the cards included. Obviously, KKKK beats JJJJ and AKQJ0 beats 65432.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radynski wrote:

From the rules:

Quote:
Bombs can be played at any moment (e.g. out of turn) to take a trick. They beat anything, be it a single card or a combination. The higher bombs beat the lower. (The rank of bombs is determined (1) by the number of cards and (2) by the rank of the cards.)

Ah, now I see the source of my misunderstanding. Polish rules state something different... What a bummer...

Polish rules wrote:

[...]wyższe bomby przebijają bomby niższe. Liczba kart w bombie wyznacza jej wartość[...]

Which can be translated to "higher bombs beat bombs that are lower. Number of cards in the bomb denotes its value". It would leave four of a kind of twos unbeatable by another four of a kind (and vice versa).

Thanks for the clarification, I will need to print out the English rules.
I dread to think what could have been lost when translating from Chinese to German and then to English

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.