Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sept 20-23, Columbus, OH
http://www.buckeyegamefest.com/

Who's goin, what are you looking forward to? I love this con because it's half a mile from my apartment on Indianola. :) CABS does a great job with this one, and I hope it continues to grow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to a bunch this year. Battlestar Galactica event, Arkham Horror event with Mr. Launias, perhaps the release of Fleet by Gryphon Games (and at least demoing the game with the designers), extra days in the War Room, and probably twenty other things I've forgotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the details of Richard Launius? He's speaking? Doing something else? What time? What's the deal? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I am down. I will choose 3 games to bring and do my best to play none of them. I plan to play even more new things and just sit down for as many pick up games as I can.

Last year was my first time and I had a blast. I was introduced to Cards Against Humanity, Defenders of the Realm, BuyWord, and Roll Through the Ages. I definitely want to add 8-10 games to the "new to me" list.

Of course, the no ship math trade is will be a highlight as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur B.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there, I'm driving down from Cleveland on the 21st. So many games, so little time. I love the library, getting to play games I've never tried before, or have enjoyed in the past, but aren't owned by my circle of friends.

Games I'd Love to try (in no particular order):
1. Core Worlds
2. Eminent Domain
3. Eclipse
4. Fortress America
5. Descent (2nd ed.)
6. 1st & Goal
7. Uhmmm...if I list any more, this is going to get unwieldy, so I'll leave it at that. Suffice to say, this is the abridged version.

Hopefully, this year I'll actually buy something at the auction; but then again, probably not. I am a very timid bidder.

Is there going to be a math trade this year? The link from the website points to last years list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zircce wrote:
Is there going to be a math trade this year? The link from the website points to last years list.

I pinged Nathan Morse about that a week ago, and he said he would be getting the math trade geeklists put together after GenCon... so probably soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there will be a Math Trade this year, it's in the works. Lots of fun stuff to watch out for. Me? I'm hoping that Fleet will get to make it's general debut at the con, and maybe us Kickstarter backers will have copies in hand. If not, it will be there to learn in demoes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cole
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to
- playing games that I've never played before.
- playing at least 1 wargame.
- the math trade.
- the auction.

but most of all I'm looking forward to beating my brother:
steve cole
United States
New Albany
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve cole
United States
New Albany
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suspension Engineer wrote:
I'm looking forward to
- playing games that I've never played before.
- playing at least 1 wargame.
- the math trade.
- the auction.

but most of all I'm looking forward to beating my brother:
steve cole
United States
New Albany
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In that case I'll be playing Pandemic, Arkham Horror, Ghost Stories, Shadows over Camelot, Yggdrasil, and D-Day Dice for a wargame.

If I'm losing, so are you brother!

Love the auction.
BGF is my favorite event of the year, and I just came back from Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Richard Launius will mostly just be playing games with people. We are working on an Arkham Horror tournament where Richard will run the final game. Keep checking back on the Schedule. Several things will be added in the next week or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to attending this year after missing last year because of the date conflicting with work. I had to replace my annual BGF trip for a slightly lesser one in Dallas....BGG Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We are only 4 weeks away from Buckeye Game Fest, September 20th to the 23rd. For those that will be attending the new War Room, just under four weeks, September 17th to the 23rd. The hotel cut-off date is currently August 29th so get your room reserved soon!

For those that will be selling items in the auction please see the rules at http://www.buckeyegamefest.com/auction-info/. Due to the high number of games and the ammount of time it took to get everything registered, please download the forms from our website and have them filled out and ready to drop off.

There will be a number of events added to the schedule in the next week or two so keep checking back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
For all you folks looking to schedule a particular game during the convention, feel free to use:

Buckeye Game Fest Schedule-A-Game Geeklist

Best,

Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The BGF Math Trade link has been updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have been emailing with Scot to get an official "Plaid Hat Games" demo table... I should be there demo-ing Summoner Wars, Dungeon Run, plus (mouth-water) Mice & Mystics. The game comes out about that time... so not sure if people will have it in hand but I'll have a demo copy if not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I somehow missed that BGF was a couple weeks earlier this year. I may not have my M&M by then. If not, I will be sitting in for a demo or two.

I am probably going to come in Thursday and Friday evenings and then spend most of the day on Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
Have been emailing with Scot to get an official "Plaid Hat Games" demo table... I should be there demo-ing Summoner Wars, Dungeon Run, plus (mouth-water) Mice & Mystics. The game comes out about that time... so not sure if people will have it in hand but I'll have a demo copy if not.

Really looking forward to Mice & Mystics coming out. Here's hoping it arrives before BGF. Any chance of pre-order "pick-ups" at the con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, sorry, no pre-order pickups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW the deadline for the convention rate for the hotel is August 29. it may get extended, but I recommend making your reservation now if you haven't done so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur B.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. Last year I waited to long and they were booked solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first BGF and my first encounter with the Cabs group, so I am very excited, I just booked my room even though I have family in Columbus ( far enough that I want a room to max. out the gaming time ).

I actually booked a suite, you guys should get a few suites into the booking deal.

OK, so I have a few questions if you all don't mind.

1. ) so is the library from cabs? and how many different games are there?

2.) does the cabs site have a list of all the games they have ( or is there a list of the games in the library at BGF).

3) so the whole convention is all in the hotel?

4) how close are we to other food places?

5) would it be possible to have a couple of heroscape maps set up the whole time?

6) is there a seperate war room, is there a map of the lay out of the convention center and how the lay out is for the gaming rooms ( if there are seperate ones )?

thanks, looking forward to a lot of gaming and I think I will have at least 3-5 friends coming along

Hendal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hendal wrote:
1. ) so is the library from cabs? and how many different games are there?

2.) does the cabs site have a list of all the games they have ( or is there a list of the games in the library at BGF).

3) so the whole convention is all in the hotel?

4) how close are we to other food places?

5) would it be possible to have a couple of heroscape maps set up the whole time?

6) is there a seperate war room, is there a map of the lay out of the convention center and how the lay out is for the gaming rooms ( if there are seperate ones )?

Hendal

The library is the entire CABS library that is the same one used at the Origins Board Room. There are 1100+ games in the library, and you can check the list here on BGG with this link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/CABS%20Library?...

This list isn't entirely up to date, but it isn't far off.

The entire convention is held at the hotel, which is close, by car anyway, to many different food places. Not so easy to walk to any of these, and I wouldn't suggest it.

If you're planning on playing Heroscape the entire time, you can probably have a table set up for it. Gaming tables can become a premium on Friday and Saturday evenings, so it's unlikely you'll be able to use a table for a game that isn't being played.

There is a seperate War Room that is located adjacent to the other gaming areas. You really can't miss it. This is an area meant to used for wargames, especially large footprint, very long playtime games. This is the area that will open this year on Monday September 17th at noon for wargaming. The rest of the area will open on Thursday with the library arriving around noon. Vendors area is set up on Thursday and opens on Friday.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The other way to get to food places is to ask the hotel to give you a lift. They will take you anywhere within a five mile radius and then come back and pick you up. So with that, you can get to the Polaris area which has almost anything you'd want.

As far as the suites go, if we stay here again next year I will look into adding a couple of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My family is coming... well, me,

Kitty Cupcake
United States
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And my step son will be joining us Friday evening. We are newbie cabbies this year and have been negligent in using our membership to its fullest due to a little baby. Jaclyn did get to do some demos at Origins with Jeff for ZMan, so we know someone...

I am personally looking forward to learning some new games and really meeting more of the CABS group.

I would be very interested in Mice and Mystics as we missed a chance to demo at Origins.

I am looking forward to taking good advantage of the CABS library as well, even if just some family games.

I am always looking forward to auctions, and I have posted several games in the Math Trade already...

I am also looking forward to a couple nights in a hotel, away from work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Go to http://www.ramadaplazacolumbus.com/conventionandexhibitcente.... You will see a map of the convention space. Salons A and B will be the dealer space. It is open at 10:00AM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Salon C will have some tables reserved as demo tables for specific game companies. The remaining tables will be open gaming.

Salons D and E will be primarily open gaming. The Mayfair NACC tournament will be in Salon E. Auction Registration on Friday night and the Auction and Auction store on Saturday morning will also be held in E.

Salons F and G will be the War Room starting on Monday the 17th though Sunday evening.

Salon H will be Registration and the Library.

Just a note on the War Room. It is included in your BGF registration. It is intended to give space for large format war games that are left set up for several days. But feel free to play any wargame in the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.