Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Hackwood
United States
Near the Great Lakes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game played just this past weekend, myself and one other of [4] starting players remained on the board after the last tile was played with both markers facing a last open corner space.

According to the rule sheet, if Tsuro is played correctly only [1] dragon (player) should remain on the board if all tiles have been played.

Is that in fact correct, with some sort of mistake having been made?; Or did we do everything right and just happened to both finish by a rare chance occurrence?

We did not take a picture of the board however, assuming this can and does sometimes happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try tracing your path backwards to see if you end up and your original starting position? This will eliminate the possibility of inadvertent track-jumping.

If you haven't jumped tracks, then I'd say it's a tie. Play the best 2 out of 3 to see who wins. The game is so short that it shouldn't take more than 20 mins. to play a couple more games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's theoretically possible for all 8 players to end up in a tie by reaching the same spot when the last tile is placed, but that will never actually happen in a normal game unless everyone goes out of their way to try to make it happen.

In any case, that makes your game a tie. You'll have to play again to see who wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure it doesn't say that only the dragon tile will remain?

My edition refers to players as markers and specifically says "If all tiles have been played and two or more markers remain on the board, the remaining players tie for the win."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have this occur fairly often. Not every game but it is not uncommon at all. It is a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've personally seen two players playing correctly till the end and survive. I've also been told about the same happening with three.

Like others have said, it's a tie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ghilardi
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Phelanpt wrote:
Like others have said, it's a tie.

Before you settle for a tie, check to see which player has the longer/est path and delcare that player the winner. If the paths are the same length, then, of course, you have an unbreakable tie. Less ties this way. And less ties are better, eh?

Oeco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.