3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Splotter Spellen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
samuel
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Why don't anyone sell any Splotter Spellen games in NZ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably because they're very expensive and only appeal to a small niche. I have Indonesia and think it's great so I'm not saying they're bad, just hard to sell compared to the high investment. Oh, and they're probably hard work to acquire too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can write the Splotter guys. They are probably willing to send their games overseas. But count on it being VERY expensive. I mean, their games are already expensive, and then the boxes are BIG (at least Roads & Boats and Antiquity), and the trip is LONG (New Zealand is actually antipodal to The Netherlands).

That said, I think their games are special. Indonesia is my favorite economic game, and Antiquity and Roads & Boats are unique experiences. I have troubles getting them to the table, though: in general they take quite long to play (3-4 hours) and are intense experiences, which most players do not care for. But if you have a group of friends who are into deep games, I heartily recommend them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.