Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This hero card says: "Jonas' equipment cannot be destroyed. If Jonas reduces a monster to exactly 1 wound with an attack, it surrenders."

I assume, that means, that Jonas should reduce a monster to one life point, not to one wound. But that's not my question.

If Jonas attacks a monster with already only one lifepoint left but deals no damage, or if he reduces the life points of a monster by other means than attacking to 1 (for example by moving the monster into a pit), I assume, that his ability doesn't work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
This hero card says: "Jonas' equipment cannot be destroyed. If Jonas reduces a monster to exactly 1 wound with an attack, it surrenders."

I assume, that means, that Jonas should reduce a monster to one life point, not to one wound. But that's not my question.

If Jonas attacks a monster with already only one lifepoint left but deals no damage, or if he reduces the life points of a monster by other means than attacking to 1 (for example by moving the monster into a pit), I assume, that his ability doesn't work?

Correct. It has to be an attack, and it has to be the attack that reduces the moster to 1 wound. An attack which does zero wounds on a monster with 1 wounds left does not 'reduce to' one wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
And about your assumption : it might sound strange, but the word "wound" means "life point", as in "the Boss is a Whachamacallit with 8 additional wounds".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.