Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for multi-investigator Trauma cards say:

A) ...when only one investigator is playing, he [the keeper] discards this card and draws a new Trauma card.

and

B) If all investigators except one are eliminated, the keeper discards all multi-investigator Trauma cards from his hand and draws the same number of new Trauma cards.

OK, so basically the intention of the above rules seems to be that multiple-investigator Trauma cards should only be used when there's still at least 2 investigators actively playing the game (as these Trauma cards usually have some effect involving several investigators, like "Kleptomania" or "Friend?").

Nevertheless, I'm still confused/unsure about some details or rather the correct implementation of these rules in special situations:

1) In a 2-player game, couldn't you just sort out all the multi-investigator Trauma cards before starting the game, avoiding A) altogether?

2) What about the timing? Is B) immediately executed, as soon as the condition (only 1 investigator left in the game) is met or do you carry out the exchange at some point during the keeper's turn?

3) Rule B) only refers to "eliminated" investigators, but what about other situations, that lead to only 1 investigator actively playing? For example, would you also carry out B) as soon as -in a 3-player game with an objective requiring both investigators to escape- the first investigator has escaped the mansion?

3a) And am I right in assuming that if one (or even both, in the same game round!) investigator(s) in a 3-player game were killed (not eliminated!), Rule B) would not trigger, even though temporarily, there would only be 1 (or even no) investigator(s) in the mansion?

4) What about multi-investigator Trauma cards already in play (i. e. inflicted upon an investigator) at the moment the number of investigators gets reduced to 1? I assume they don't immediately get discarded (or even replaced devil) and just stay with the investigator until the keeper plays a new Trauma card of the same type...!?

5) Is B) repeated (possibly multiple times) until the keeper no longer holds any multi-investigator Trauma cards? Or is this step only executed once, regardless of whether the keeper then draws one or more new multi-investigator Trauma cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zbyszek Łebkowski
Poland
flag msg tools
Miraculix wrote:
The rules for multi-investigator Trauma cards say:

1) In a 2-player game, couldn't you just sort out all the multi-investigator Trauma cards before starting the game, avoiding A) altogether?

You could, unless you want to save time.

Miraculix wrote:

2) What about the timing? Is B) immediately executed, as soon as the condition (only 1 investigator left in the game) is met or do you carry out the exchange at some point during the keeper's turn?

As soon as there is only 1 investigator left playing.

Miraculix wrote:

3) Rule B) only refers to "eliminated" investigators, but what about other situations, that lead to only 1 investigator actively playing? For example, would you also carry out B) as soon as -in a 3-player game with an objective requiring both investigators to escape- the first investigator has escaped the mansion?

There is only 1 investigator left playing, hece the keeper would replace his multi-investigator cards.

Miraculix wrote:

3a) And am I right in assuming that if one (or even both, in the same game round!) investigator(s) in a 3-player game were killed (not eliminated!), Rule B) would not trigger, even though temporarily, there would only be 1 (or even no) investigator(s) in the mansion?

Correct. Whenever investigators are killed before reveiling the objective they draw new characters so there are always more than 1 active players.

Miraculix wrote:

4) What about multi-investigator Trauma cards already in play (i. e. inflicted upon an investigator) at the moment the number of investigators gets reduced to 1? I assume they don't immediately get discarded (or even replaced devil) and just stay with the investigator until the keeper plays a new Trauma card of the same type...!?

They stay with the investigator unless the keeper places on them another trauma card of the same type, replacing the old one.

Miraculix wrote:

5) Is B) repeated (possibly multiple times) until the keeper no longer holds any multi-investigator Trauma cards? Or is this step only executed once, regardless of whether the keeper then draws one or more new multi-investigator Trauma cards?

Correct.

Just remember that the whole point of this rule is to discard cards that doesn't have any effect and only clutter the 8 card limit (4 sanity and 4 health).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
For number 4, a strict literal reading of the rule says they stay with the investigator, but the intent seems to be that they are discarded. Nobody should be left with Autophobia when no other investigators exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright! Thanks for the (really quick) answers.

And no more questions from me (for this game) - that was just about the last little passage in the rulebook I was still having some doubts about... => Hey: time to get an expansion or two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.