Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Hancock
Australia
Birkdale
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, let me just say that I know that the Imperial Navy deck will no doubt be full of them but does it not seem strange to any of you folk that there didn't appear to be a single Stormtrooper in the Sith deck? You would expect there to be a splaterring (maybe 3 or 4 out of 50 cards) at the very least...

I mean, they were friggin everywhere. Who's going to comb the desert or find the droids that they are looking for?

PS Note also that there were plenty of "Neutral" cards (ie cards not belonging to a faction- C3PO for example and the Black Squadron Pilot), another reason to scratch your head and wonder why there weren't some Stormtroopers in there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it was a Sith deck, and with the pod system they would have to duplicate stormtroopers a lot to have them in all pods. Though I will be impressed to see them stretch 2 Sith characters into an entire "faction" for the dark side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't have to rest on just 2 Sith characters. There's plenty of EU in these cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual faction at the demo was Dark Jedi, which contains some characters with the Sith trait, plus a bunch of others who (as there aren't that many of them in the trilogy) aren't Sith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtroopers are tricky to implement at a character level game because of their generic-ness - it's more interesting having different characters and effects to play with. You'd expect there'd be pods coming which contain them though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there will be Stormtroopers in this game, probably even in the core box. These were just demo decks, which I'm pretty sure will have no bearing on what is in the core box decks later on. Especially since there doesn't seem to be more than two full "pods" of cards (the batches of 6) between those two decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The factions which are in the game:
DS:
Sith
Imperial
Scum & Villany

LS:
Jedi
Rebel
Smugglers

They didn't say that all of them would be present in the core set (and I could have the faction titles wrong) but that is the gist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
I'm sure there will be Stormtroopers in this game, probably even in the core box. These were just demo decks, which I'm pretty sure will have no bearing on what is in the core box decks later on. Especially since there doesn't seem to be more than two full "pods" of cards (the batches of 6) between those two decks.

Don't take what I posted as definitive. There's a few things working against what I did. First, several of the pictures had the "pod" information blurry or cut-off. Second, the same card can show up in multiple "pods", and since he didn't photograph every card in the deck (especially duplicates) we don't have the complete picture.

For instance when I was at the demo table I had two copies of "Force Choke" in my hand, each from separate "pods", and the artwork was the same. I don't expect that he would have photographed both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were EU characters in the demo??? Can anyone list examples? That is exciting news if true. I was wondering how they could manage a Sith faction. I hope the Emperor's Hand is in there. Would love to pit her against Luke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
The factions which are in the game:
DS:
Sith
Imperial
Scum & Villany

LS:
Jedi
Rebel
Smugglers

They didn't say that all of them would be present in the core set (and I could have the faction titles wrong) but that is the gist.

I was told that four of the six factions would be in the starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
There were EU characters in the demo??? Can anyone list examples? That is exciting news if true. I was wondering how they could manage a Sith faction. I hope the Emperor's Hand is in there. Would love to pit her against Luke.

There was no Mara Jade unit that I have seen but there is at least two cards with her in the picture and at least one that references 'The Hand' in the title. There is also a Nightsister, some other non-unique Jedi, an ISB team, a Kuati security team, a Corellian engineer, a human replica droid. Stuff like that.

Pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karrde wrote:
Don't take what I posted as definitive. There's a few things working against what I did. First, several of the pictures had the "pod" information blurry or cut-off. Second, the same card can show up in multiple "pods", and since he didn't photograph every card in the deck (especially duplicates) we don't have the complete picture.

For instance when I was at the demo table I had two copies of "Force Choke" in my hand, each from separate "pods", and the artwork was the same. I don't expect that he would have photographed both of them.

Good call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:

Not the Hand herself, but a card called "The Hand's Blessing", and the picture is an obvious nod towards Mara Jade. There is also the "Nightsister" in the same "pod", a Force Sensitive Sith character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't find the lack of Stormtroopers in the Sith deck strange at all. I expect that sort of role to be filled by the royal guards. The rank and file troops belong in the Imperial Navy, and given you can splash other factions in, there's no real need to "cross-pollinate".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Ciuffreda
United States
East norriton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was watching a video of two people playing (sorry I can't remember the video) but the guy demoing made a quick remark was made that there was a mission that came with a bunch of 0 cost storm troopers. So they may be weak in power but not utilize your resources allowing you to use your abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
IanHancock wrote:

PS Note also that there were plenty of "Neutral" cards (ie cards not belonging to a faction- C3PO for example and the Black Squadron Pilot), another reason to scratch your head and wonder why there weren't some Stormtroopers in there

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW-yEwnb0ws

At 27:06, Corey mentions that there is an agenda that puts 5 0-cost Stormtroopers in your deck. Shame it wasn't used in the demo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The faction is not Sith though, it's Dark Jedi. Corey may have been explaining that incorrectly, unless there's been a late change prior to the cards being demo'd up anyway. One of the objectives on your pictures has "Dark Jedi affiliation" only. This means it can only be included in your deck if your faction affiliation card (the card which explains the turn sequence, but which also provides resource / focus) is Dark Jedi. Sith is a trait that some have within that faction (eg Palpatine).

The starter decks atm are Dark Jedi, Imperial Navy, Jedi, Alliance with some sample pods for the other two, same as Warhammer did, which allows for cross-sphere building from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The faction card and all the text under the faction card said "Sith"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, must have been a late change, especially if not all the cards were changed yet to reflect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M T
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To completely geek out on this: there was more than 1 Hand, so with them, the obvious, Nightsisters, and maybe even a clone or two, the Sith/Dark Jedi could have several characters. It could also include the Hand of Judgement for some non-generic stormtroopers. Of course, I have no idea what is actually in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.