Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed R
United States
Huntington
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching some of the play through videos of this game I figured I would give it a go myself. I picked up the game Sunday evening and got my first play in last night.

This game kicked my rear! I played the solo game and barely got into the second location before my Marines were picked off one by one. I drew the card that has you place 2 genestealers onto each swarm. That card was the final nail in the coffin.

The game was alot of fun. Tense. Tough. I wish I knew the Marine abilities a little better. Im sure if I did I would have faired quite a bit better.

I see this getting alot of play time. It plays fast, easy to set up, easy to pick up, comes in a nice sized box for travel. Perhaps Ill join the 100 play thread with this title.

Well back to the forums to see if I can learn a bit more strategy for this game.

Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such thing as an event card that spawns 2 genes on each swarm. If it was 'The Swarm' you were supposed to put 2 Genes on each blip pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed R
United States
Huntington
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No wonder my Marines got their butts handed to them! A first play mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.