Subject: Takenoko, £23.69 on Amazon.co.uk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H W
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Takenoko, the bamboo-growing, panda-feeding game is currently £23.69 on Amazon.co.uk.

It's usually around £28, so it's a fiver off with standard delivery (usually free on Prime, or if it's over a certain amount).

EDIT: May be the German edition, but apparently has no language-dependent components except the rulebook. Also, there's only about 8 in stock left from Amazon.

Interestingly those under-cutting, delivery-price gouging, "sorry your order never arrived, coincidentally we don't have any more in stock, so have a refund" bandits MolibobToys might appear as the sellers, since they are cheapest (£21 before a fiver delivery), so you may need to click on the # New and Used link and add Amazon's.

EDIT 2:

The Good - My copy is in English (box and rules, anyway), despite listing German on the Amazon page.

The Bad - It arrived today, despite my ordering Tuesday and being "Guaranteed to Arrive Wednesday" on ordering.

The Ugly - The Yellow Bamboo has a problem described in the forums of having mold on it. I've already sent an email off to Esdevium Games, Asmodee's distributor in the UK. The annoyance now is waiting 1-2 weeks for new game pieces. Gah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great price and quite a fun game. I can confirm there is no language dependency in the game at all other than the rulebook (as stated) which is readily available online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Goostrey
United Kingdom
St Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spotted and ordered last night - looks cute and a good introductory game to play with the children that I've had my eye for a while. Now just need to find some space and smuggle it past you know who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than £2 cheaper than the standard price for the English version on BoardGameGuru; is this really a hot deal?

Okay, even if you factor in shipping, but make a bigger order and you'll save more in the grand scheme of things... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it's a deal as you just pointed out to buy a BBGuru you have to either pay shipping or add to another big order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H W
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:
Less than £2 cheaper than the standard price for the English version on BoardGameGuru; is this really a hot deal?

Okay, even if you factor in shipping, but make a bigger order and you'll save more in the grand scheme of things... laugh

£28.96 on the boargameguru with the cheapest shipping. I love the guru and always try to take advantage of their flat £7 next day interlink, but Hot Deals isn't about bulk buying.

It's ~18% cheaper on Amazon; I'm not sure how that can't be considered a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a great price and, even with my Boardgameguru hat on i'd have to say, its a great deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diotant
United Kingdom
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
Thanks for the generous input Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.