Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at buying some sleeves for this game. Probably the fantasy flight sleeves and was wondering what size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard Magic sized sleeves. Not sure which number that is for FFG sleeves but it will be the one all their LCGs use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I went out and purchased ultra-pro standard sleeves. I then sleeved all my cards, and tried to put them in the box. They don't fit very well. Stack wise in the slots they can squeeze in, but the bigger problem is that the slots on the bottom are not totally square and the sleeve corners get kinda bent in some corners. I took the cards out of the sleeves. A $10 mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards won't fit in a couple months when the expansion comes out. I'd put them back in the sleeves and come up with something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the expansion is four factions. At least that's what I heard, so there would still be room. I used less expensive sleeves and they fit fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. I probably spoke out of turn since I am not familiar with the insert but my guess is there will be many expansions coming and I would hate for you to have to smash pristine Killer Ants of 2014 with your grubby Aliens of 2012.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree. If I like a card game well knough that it will get a lot of play, then I would certainly sleeve. If the sleeves I favor won't fit in the Smash Up box, I'd say get a different box as well instead of abandoning sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I guess I shouldn't have splurged on the nice sleeves. Or I'll just use a card box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, because we designed the tray to work with sleeves.

What brand are you using?

When you sleeve a 20-card faction and squish it tight, what is the depth of the stack in mm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt schmaltz
United States
alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
When I saw the tray I got excited that it would obviously work with sleeves, but it definitely does not work with FFG sleeves.

Also Mr Bolme, if you read this again, I will echo that something, anything to keep track of score would not be terrible. I don't mind pulling out paper or a few dice, but in general I prefer to be able to play a game with what is in the box and not have to track down other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We debated the whole "score system" thing, and the bottom line came down to this:

No matter what we put in, it would add $5 to the MSRP. That increase only covers our costs; it does not add to our profit.

We decided that gamers have dice, paper, iPhones, glass beads, and more, and that in all likelihood one of these would end up in the box on a more or less permanent basis.

Given that, we chose to save you the $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using the ultra-pro deck protector standard size sleeves. Here's the link

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php/cPath/33_83_52_114/...

edbolme wrote:

When you sleeve a 20-card faction and squish it tight, what is the depth of the stack in mm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried to sleeve them again and 20 cards are very tight squeezing into a slot I have to force them, which I don't like to do. on one side of the tray the cards actually bend because the slot isn't long enough, a couple of slots do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bourbeau
United States
londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:

It doesn't fit ffg supply sleeves or legion sleeves (I'm using "Everyday I'm shuffling" sleeves) if you push them in it ruins the sleeve corners on the ends of each stack.

So I threw mine in a nice magic box, and I found it was even easier for me to carry around, as it is a smaller box.

What I would like to see is a nice Smash Up travel box, with custom sleeves packed in, like Ascension has done.

Maybe it could release in time or simultaneously with an expansion?

I have no complaints about this product though. My friends love it, and so do I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
Thin sleeves seem to fit ok. Ultra pro, FFG, or Dragon Shields area bit too long and stiff to fully seat in the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I tried to sleeve mine with FFG sleeves, they fit fine in the thickness, but the length of the sleeves caused problems... I'm going to try to get some Max-Protect sleeves, because they seem to be a little shorted than the FFG ones in the Euro/American sizes, but still fit cards.

They fit back into the Dominion inserts perfectly, where FFG ones won't.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so I bought some more card sleeves, this time penny sleeves and they are too long. I must be really stupid and just don't know what particular kind will fit in this box. The ultrapro penny sleeves are even worse than the on I tried before. After spending $16 on sleeves I could've almost purchased another game to have.

I may use a separate box, but what has me wondering is what kind of sleeves did they have in mind when they made the tray. The only thing with using a separate boxe is that it is missing the cool art and title and I like to show off the games I own. When you bring a blank box the board game day/night no one knows what's inside the blank box. Just a little OCD of mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used penny sleeves from Mayday with no problems. I believe they were the green sized ones ( 2 5/8 X 3 5/8 )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnieB wrote:
I used penny sleeves from Mayday with no problems. I believe they were the green sized ones ( 2 5/8 X 3 5/8 )

Same ones I used. No problem for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston S
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if Mayday premiums fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used 66mm x 91mm Ultra Pro sleeves. The cards fit great in the sleeves and the sleeved decks fit great in the slots. Highly recommend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic D
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
I used 66mm x 91mm Ultra Pro sleeves. The cards fit great in the sleeves and the sleeved decks fit great in the slots. Highly recommend!

Exactly what I used, with the same great results. Each deck is just "snug enough".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sleeved mine in clear Dragon Shields which also have a nice "just snug enough" fit after sleeving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after reading all the various comments above, I was a bit concerned since I knew I was going to want to sleeve this game. So, my copy finally arrived yesterday and I sleeved a couple of the decks with Ultra Pro Standard Size Deck Protectors. The cards fit back into the insert just fine. Not too snug on the thickness and no issue with the length or corners of the sleeves not fitting. I tried several different slots of the insert just to be sure and the results were the same.

Just because I am a masochist, I tried some spare FFG sleeves I hadn't yet used and was once again disappointed that they were over-sized. Both too wide (the cards wiggle around inside the sleeve) and too tall, meaning they didn't fit the insert well at all.

So, based solely on my own experience, I highly recommend Ultra Pro sleeves for this game. Even the occasionally annoying "hologram dots" weren't an issue as they don't obstruct any text on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Russell

Romeoville
IL - Illinois
msg tools
mb
i just tried out some FF silvers i had laying around, they fit a little big, they get in the box OK, i think im happy with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.