Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Archibald Longdale
Hungary
Budapest - Szentendre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

While I was translating this version of rules to Hungarian I noticed two questionalbe points:
1.) On page 3 for 4 players you say:
"Shuffle the 12 Location cards and place with (square sign) side up randomly in conguration shown at right." But later you mention that the square signed sides are for advanced players, and the amount of the recommended signed cards are only 4 instead of all of the 12.
I think you may reword this sentence on page no.3.

2.) The other thing is an advice:
In case of further tie the winners may not share the victory, but settle the issue with:
a) an arm wrestling match,
b) beer-sausage contest,
c) weightening/measuring of their keyring,
whatever.

Please tell us if you have a new/finished version of rules. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
hun_zaba wrote:
Hi there!

While I was translating this version of rules to Hungarian I noticed two questionalbe points:
1.) On page 3 for 4 players you say:
"Shuffle the 12 Location cards and place with (square sign) side up randomly in conguration shown at right." But later you mention that the square signed sides are for advanced players, and the amount of the recommended signed cards are only 4 instead of all of the 12.
I think you may reword this sentence on page no.3.

2.) The other thing is an advice:
In case of further tie the winners may not share the victory, but settle the issue with:
a) an arm wrestling match,
b) beer-sausage contest,
c) weightening/measuring of their keyring,
whatever.

Please tell us if you have a new/finished version of rules. Thanks.

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback. To address your suggestions/questions:

1) The advanced and basic signs are now different in the rules set, and the sentence has been reworded to state that players will need to set out an amount of cards according to number of players.

2) I do like the idea of a further tiebreaker and it has been discussed, but since this is a good family game, we didn't want to give a tie-breaking advantage to just the biggest player in case of arm wrestling, or urge a 10-year-old to guzzle beer. In many cases, fighting back at the end of a game and tying the winner often feels like a victory, so we thought we'd reward gamers as such!

Thanks again, and we'll have the new rules available soon.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phase 1 C says if you have no fuel nor points then you take the Discard/Draw action, but then the Discard/Draw section says it costs 1 point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
Phase 1 C says if you have no fuel nor points then you take the Discard/Draw action, but then the Discard/Draw section says it costs 1 point.

The Discard/Draw action in that specific instance is free.

A lot of things will be clarified further when the final rules are released.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.