tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a DC guy at heart but my love of DBG will win out.

The Marvel game was at GC but was on "invite only" for demo from what I heard. I talked to Eric Martin about it on the way home and it sounds a bit different from some of the other DBG out there (yeah I know we have heard that 1000x but it sounded like it might have been). If anything it shared a bit of mechanisms with the PA DBG if a comparison needed to be made.

Either way I will prob. grab em both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no plans to buy right now, I want to know more. But I can say I'm no longer interested in the DC game, and I am interested in the Marvel one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Legendary have a BGG game page? Does anyone know when it is coming out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
I have no plans to buy right now, I want to know more. But I can say I'm no longer interested in the DC game, and I am interested in the Marvel one.

It depends on your taste.

From what it looks like.

If you like Ascension --> DC

If you like Thunderstone --> Marvel

Just from what I have heard and seen about Marvel

I also trust Cryptozoic more then Upper Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither, but I'm not done with Deck Builders, they just need to offer something different then what I have.

Currently DC's game sounds very much like the Penny Arcade deck builders game, except it has the layout of Ascension.

Marvel sounds a little more interesting thematically. But I have no confidence in Upper Deck creating anything more then a loosely built game to supplement their real goal of selling cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lyons
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I was able to play both games at GenCon. The DC game is fine. Nothing revolutionary but it's still fun. Will probably pick it up. The Marvel game is VERY good. It shares mechanics will several deckbuilders without straight up cloning those games. The art is amazing and it has probably the most flavorful feel of any DBG I've played. I will definitely own this game as soon as I am able to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG entry for Legendary is now up. Not much there yet:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/129437/legendary

The more I hear, the more I like. Which is the opposite effect the DC game had yuk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. So I just found out that Crypto Games has posted the followinon their Facebook page:

"if you're a fan of the DC Comics Deck-Building Game, click on the link below, vote for the game and show your support!"

I did not intend for this poll to help them market their game. So I am deleting this poll.

Sorry, but this was not the intent of the poll.

As of now: 39% want to own Marvel Legendary, 27% want DC Comics, 24% want both and the remainder were not interested in either.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
Hi. So I just found out that Crypto Games has posted the followinon their Facebook page:

"if you're a fan of the DC Comics Deck-Building Game, click on the link below, vote for the game and show your support!"

I did not intend for this poll to help them market their game. So I am deleting this poll.

Sorry, but this was not the intent of the poll.

As of now: 39% want to own Marvel Legendary, 27% want DC Comics, 24% want both and the remainder were not interested in either.

Thanks!

You put a poll up on the DC COMICS DBG forum what did you think was going to happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekJock wrote:

You put a poll up on the DC COMICS DBG forum what did you think was going to happen?

When he opened the poll, there was no BGG page for Legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekJock wrote:

Personally, I can't ever recall seeing a publisher encouraging gamers to drive up numbers on a poll posted on BGG. It certainly may well have happened but this is a first for me; if I had started the thread I wouldn't have expected it to happen. I'm fine with Todd taking down his poll, doing so even compromising his original thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Don't think there is anything wrong with a publisher pushing people to go to their game's site on a mainstream BG site.

This place is basically a popularity contest... nay about 10000 popularity contests going on every day.

We have thumbs.

We have Gold.

We have replies to our dumb lists we make.

What's wrong if a publisher pushes their game and points people to where there is more info on it.

---scuse me while I go set up a poll.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekJock wrote:
I Don't think there is anything wrong with a publisher pushing people to go to their game's site on a mainstream BG site.

I don't think there is anything hugely wrong with it; this is a public site. I can understand Todd's decision to take it down, though, because what this does do is compromise the accuracy of the poll. As you say, this site has many elements which function like a popularity contest and the poll's data would exaggerate the popularity of DC potentially (only potentially, and less so given the "both" option) at the expense of another. I don't have a big problem with what the game publisher did or what Todd did; that's all. You asked, "What did you think would happen?" as if he should have known this would happen and I, for one, one wouldn't have known.

Edit: Wow, Hal, you weren't kidding! I just saw your poll go up. I'm looking forward to both the DC and Marvel games, but I'll try to pick one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly want to play both. That's how much I love the idea of DBG. I am not sure why b/c the whole thing is played out a bit. But, not to me. And I have been playing them like most of us since Dominion etc.

I am not trying to start a Marvel Vs DC war. I just want to get more people to the brands of DBG so all companies will support them.

But I will say the more successful DC is the better the likelihood of more expansions which is A O K by me!

Again I might like the idea of DC more (and yes DC fanboy) but there is no right or wrong answer. I am a bit tired of Thunderstone right now as a whole and Marvel looks 100% like it. (with better art of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel vs. DC!
Upper Deck vs. Cryptozoic!
Who will win?
Stay tuned to find out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't break it down like that... Poor Upper Deck doesn't stand a chance vs Crypto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hal,

I am glad that you created a poll. I decided to take down mine, because it no longer accomplished what I had hoped.

I was looking for input from experienced gamers, not Facebook fans.

There was no marvel legendary BGG listing when I created the poll. In the end I think the videos show that there is a world of difference between the games.

Perhaps this helps you understand my reasoning, or we can just agree to disagree.

Good luck.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
foxtrot2620 wrote:
Marvel vs. DC!
Who will win?
Stay tuned to find out!

Same Bat-Time? Same Bat-Channel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to point out to all the CZE/DCDBG haters that I found this page from a link on UDE's page long before CZE posted anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
I would like to point out to all the CZE/DCDBG haters that I found this page from a link on UDE's page long before CZE posted anything.

People use the UDE website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
Hal,

I am glad that you created a poll. I decided to take down mine, because it no longer accomplished what I had hoped.

I was looking for input from experienced gamers, not Facebook fans.

There was no marvel legendary BGG listing when I created the poll. In the end I think the videos show that there is a world of difference between the games.

Perhaps this helps you understand my reasoning, or we can just agree to disagree.

Good luck.

Todd

Nah I don't judge your decision, it's understandable. I just was commenting b.c I figured the floodgates could always open at any time with a poll and thought it was always a good thing. I don't think you or anyone else needs to agree with me about which one is best. I just want everyone to play em and have fun doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxtrot2620 wrote:
Marvel vs. DC!
Who will win?
Stay tuned to find out!

Marvel vs DC? Now that's a game I would want to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.