B'Cup x
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
could someone please tell me if each monster type appears in either a majority outdoor or indoor scenario eg Goblin archers 70/30 outdoor/indoor ?

The reason for this is that I'm very keen to paint the miniatures and would ideally like to base them appropriatly (wouldnt want to give the dragon a grass base to find out that he is only encountered in dungeons), however I want to have a good start on painting before playing the game. For this reason I would rather not read through the scenarios and essentially spoil the story.

hopefully someone is able to help me here, thanks x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Puldon
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
mb
You do realize that part of the game is choosing what quest to go to next, right? So that if you win the intro quest, you will be looking at all the act I quest and essentially reading them to determine which way you would like to go. A descent game is all about spoilers, or else it wouldn't be very competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't the game yet, but it seems that part of the monsters are the personal choice of the OL - some are imposed, and others are free choice.

That would be "bad news" if you aimed to paint only part of the figures - unless you are the OL and you make the appropriate choices (muahahahaaaa).arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the symbols on the monsters are supposed to give you an idea.

I remember seeing basically all the monsters showing up on grass spaces and many of them showing up in the underground tiles. Probably your best bet is that the monsters with a tree symbol or a water symbol will be outside and everyone else shows up in both environments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

how about replacing bases so you can paint up two versions of each and fix figures appropiately..

I know you'd have to put brass pegs in etc to mount figures n its an awful lot of trouble.

otherwise second set figures..

I have way too much time whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Oord
Netherlands
SNAKKERBUREN
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been pondering about too about what bases I should give them.

You know, a base will never fit in with Descent tiles. I tried grey bases on the underground tiles, and it missfits also. (some tiles being yellow, blue, purple, redcetera)

When you look at the tile names in the quest guide, you see some of the are dedicated to certain monster groups (spider den, ettin lair, dragon something). I will use the 'feeling' of the tile as my inspiration for the base (texture and color).

succes with your quest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.