José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although this game has being resting on my shelves for a long time, I am now interested on playing it for the first time but I do not catch very well how to use the side of the Cards : Open Fire.
I will be thankful if anybody can help me here.

As example this image:

Say I wish to open fire and I have these 2 battleships in my fleet.

Questions:
1) May I fire with one card from two of my ships?
1.1) Firing once with one square gun from the España, being sucessful if I roll 13 or more, and if 33 or more , 1 flotation hit marker plus 1 fire hit marker and if 45 or + 2 flotation hits & 1 fire hit?

1.2) Firing twice with the hex gun of Baden, being sucessful from 13 or more, making 3 flotation hits if 32, 3 flotation hits & fire hit if 33 or more and finally 4 flotation hits & fire hit if 62 or more??

2)May I fire to only one rival ship or may I split the attack and fire to two or three different ships belonging to the same player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. Normally you HAVE to fire with more than one ship to use multiple rounds of the same ammo.

1.1 yes.

1.2. Correct, except for the first part. Unless the card has a special instruction otherwise, you can only use a ship for one shot. In your example, one green/hex shot is lost.

2. Normally you must divide the fire onto different targets. There are cards that allow concentration on a target (just as there are cards that allow one ship to fire more than once.).

Go thru the action cards and note the permutations. The game is never dull.

Suggestions/options

1. You always get at least 3 cards, no matter how many ships you are reduced to (until you are reduced to zero)
2. You can't get more than 10 cards.
3. You can't use duplicates..like you can't fly two Zeppelins and get double abilities.
4. With the cards that give you extra hits (like Zeppo), you have to GET a hit to collect the extras. So if you roll 11 or 12, not hit and no bonus hits.

Enjoy. It's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Kevin for your quick answer!
That clarifies the attack issue.
I will use your suggestions as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.