United States
Phoenix
Oregon
flag msg tools
I found the objectives for this scenario phrased very oddly:

• Take all the objective tokens.
• Once you have reached the previous objective, place the
surviving Survivors on a Zombie Spawn Zone that has no
Zombies in it (to prevent further spawning).

How do you interpret the completion of this scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take all the objective tokens, all survivors walk to a single Spawn Zone, once there, make sure there are no zombies with you, win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each bullet is a "scenario objective". The "previous objective" in the second bullet is referring to the entire first bullet... not to be confused with "objective tokens."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
United States
Phoenix
Oregon
flag msg tools
iNano78 wrote:
Each bullet is a "scenario objective". The "previous objective" in the second bullet is referring to the entire first bullet... not to be confused with "objective tokens."

That confused me at first but I figured it out. It is the "place the surviving Survivors on a Zombie Spawn Zone that has no Zombies in it (to prevent further spawning)" that trips me up.

Loophole Master wrote:
Take all the objective tokens, all survivors walk to a single Spawn Zone, once there, make sure there are no zombies with you, win.

Well, that is kind of how I interpret it too. I'm puzzled by the inclusion of the parenthetical at all (what does that add?) Is that a dynamic that works in the game? It wasn't in the special rules section of the scenario. Are you supposed to try and stop all spawn zones (one character on each) or just one? The way it is written it seems like it should just be one, but that parenthetical trips me up and I wonder if they meant it differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The note about stopping further spawns is just fluff really. Just explaining why standing in a clean spawn zone wins the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
United States
Phoenix
Oregon
flag msg tools
Loophole Master wrote:
The note about stopping further spawns is just fluff really. Just explaining why standing in a clean spawn zone wins the game.

I think so too, although they don't really add fluff to most of their objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Kucera
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
static
badge
static
mbmbmbmbmb
MindDetective wrote:
I think so too, although they don't really add fluff to most of their objectives.

I think they probably had various blocks of text which they just copy+pasted into various areas. I'd bet there was some other planned scenario where you'd have to disable ALL the spawnpoints using similar methods and it just got copied over there. Note that in every scenario that has a single pimpmobile, it still has the wording about how "Some missions may contain many pimpmobiles..." Many people have complained about the rulebook, and while I don't think it's terrible, it certainly does have several mystifying problems like that. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One point of confusion is "to prevent further spawning". It adds nothing, and raises the question - Does a survivor prevent spawning in a spawn point by occupying it? I know now that he doesn't, but I had to think about it. It's awkward wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.