Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brandon neadles
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone speak to the final card quality? I am hoping for linen or magic quality but the dice tower review makes me think they are card stock like pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is produced by Cartamundi, hopefully they do quality work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brandon neadles
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm. Looking over their website, it seems they have several card material options including linen and plastic finish. I guess we wait till someone gets a copy or the publisher tells us what they ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Corbin
United States
Tallahassee
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looking closely at a picture posted here, the cards look close to magic quality to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MTG actually has a patent on their card stock, so no one else can use it.

The Mage Wars cards have a plastic insert in the card stock to allow them to bend without creasing. They are a little thinner than MTG cards, but durable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Corbin
United States
Tallahassee
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good to know, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Hickman Newnham
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at my cards from the set I picked up at Gencon, I can say that while the box and board both have a linen finish, the cards do not.

They don't bend all the way over and snap back like a MTG card does, but they are pretty flexible... I just tried it with a mage card and I was able to get it back in shape.

I'd say my 3 year-old could crunch them (or someone who grips hard them might cause some warping, although you never really have a hand of them so this is unlikely) , but they won't get damaged the way my husband and I play with cards.

In the interest of being thourough I just poured some water on the table and ran the card through it. The water beads up nicely and wipes right off! (Good thing too, or I'd be real sad about trying that...)

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brandon neadles
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the review! I am relieved now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Edmond
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a "snap back" test to see how well the would survive a bend. I was happy with them, the didnt break in half and thats what Im looking for. My toddler loves his dads cards, and they survived him....and thats a true test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.