Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm.asp?eidm=158

I am surprised they are so quick at releasing an expansion with new figures and monsters, I was expecting a Print on Demand. Seems like the 2nd ed will be quickly expanding to the size of 1st ed, but for how much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess people don't read threads anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I just noticed another post, I did not mean to double post the information. Mods can delete this freely. I guess I was blinded with excitement ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I guess people don't read threads anymore

It was already 3 pages old shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin518 wrote:
I did not mean to double post the information

double? You mean quintupled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I count 6 at the momentwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and it's $35 US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's a fair price for a product with plastic figures included. Many games have expansions that cost the same with only cardboard and cards. Considering 1st ed expansions were in the 45$ range +/-, but had 6 heroes and roughly 15 monsters each, you can feel the rise of production cost and petrolum derivatives and how it affect the gaming industry. Descent 2nd ed is an interesting example of how to manoeuver around the increasing challenge of maintaining cost at a low level while keeping the product interesting and the consumer happy.

sorry for the spelling, some words I am not sure how to write/pronounce in english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Winzent
Germany
flag msg tools
It is a Phenomenon that in every forum I am registered, people never use such functions like search, or are to lazy to read some topic-titles. And often the topic with the same theme is only one or two topics beneath the top-line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horo wrote:
It is a Phenomenon that in every forum I am registered, people never use such functions like search, or are to lazy to read some topic-titles. And often the topic with the same theme is only one or two topics beneath the top-line.

Well, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but has anyone noticed that the LOS example in the rulebook is a little strange? Don't you find it odd that the zombie blocks LOS to itself? whistle zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
Horo wrote:

Well, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but has anyone noticed that the LOS example in the rulebook is a little strange? Don't you find it odd that the zombie blocks LOS to itself? whistle zombie

You don't say... Let's discuss that!!!
Also I think I'm the first to notice that the large monster-movement is a bit strange ;-)

What do you think about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
manydills wrote:
Horo wrote:

You don't say... Let's discuss that!!!
Also I think I'm the first to notice that the large monster-movement is a bit strange ;-)

What do you think about that?

I think I'm not gonna take the effort to understand it and just houserule the crap out of it so that it plays more like Warhammer 40K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But then wouldn't the balance be totally on the Overlord side instead of the players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
so that it plays more like Warhammer 40K.
Would that really be an improvement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Oord
Netherlands
SNAKKERBUREN
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
?

drink

drink

drink

drink
blush
drink
gulp
drink
zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.