Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a lot of experience w/ the runemaster but little with the Necromancer. With the reanimate having no armor and few hit points, he looks like he would go down in one hit to any act II monster, meaning the necromancer seems like he'd be spending many actions resummoning the little guy. Having things like corpse blast expend your reanimate seems to make this worse (compare to the comparable runemaster skill, which doesn't put you at an action deficit)

What has your experience been like? Is he cool in the later game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is that the Necromancer is great early in the campaign, but doesn't scale as well as other classes. So by the end I was finding it difficult to even waste an action bringing the remanimate up unless I needed it for army or to eat an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yostage wrote:
I have a lot of experience w/ the runemaster but little with the Necromancer. With the reanimate having no armor and few hit points, he looks like he would go down in one hit to any act II monster, meaning the necromancer seems like he'd be spending many actions resummoning the little guy. Having things like corpse blast expend your reanimate seems to make this worse (compare to the comparable runemaster skill, which doesn't put you at an action deficit)

What has your experience been like? Is he cool in the later game?

Aren't there Necromancer skills that buff up the Reanimate?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Only buffs the health by one brown die and 2 health....

You can also link the life of the reanimate with the caster both ways. (i.e.. damage to the reanimate goes to caster and vice versa)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I hadn't thought about it, but the Necromancer's skills do not scale well with equipement. I suppose the best would be to shunt damage to your reanimate while wearing armor yourself.

I think the Disciple and Spiritseeker would have a similar problem actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Army of Death is quite destructive if the OL brings any swarms of monsters, though depending on your OL they may never do so. Even hitting two monsters while ignoring range can be pretty handy though.

I didn't look at the re-animate getting killed so much as "it dies and I have to spend an action to bring it back" but as "I spend 1 fatigue and action, get to make an attack (even if it's not a full power attack), get a brief blocker, and absorb at least one hit that would have been bashing a hero".

I don't know that it's the best character choice, but it didn't seem bad.

I couldn't convince myself to get Corpse Blast though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he is quite good

fury of death
army of death

and vampiric blood that give reanimate additional yellow die

OL rarely attack reanimate even he does with 3 fatigue you can bring him back and army of death
in 1 turn
you can restore fatigue really easy in this edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check Mad Carthos it's just awesome Necromancer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.