Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello chaps,

Just discovered this gem and now have downloaded sbh, sgd, sww plus all the free hacks. Played a couple of fun narrative games with my 10 year old son. The Heroscape figs make great warbands.

Couple of queries...

Has anyone retro introduced new specials into sbh profiles? Heavy armour and sharpshooter seem ideally suited to dwarves / elves for example.

Is there a special somewhere that gives +1 to ranged combat, but just that?

How can I get sgd onto iPad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the Yahoo Group. The designer, Andrea, is really quick to reply to posts there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
Try the Yahoo Group. The designer, Andrea, is really quick to reply to posts there.

Thanks but I have no idea how yahoo groups work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
He responds here too. Just geekmail him. No need to bother with the severely outdated yahoo groups.

Thanks. I joined the yahoo group.

Man is that old hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can make new profiles with the warband builder- http://www.ganeshagames.net/army_builders/SBHform.html I have not seen a large set of new profiles in one place, people usually just post a warband here and there. Adjusting existing profiles to suit your needs is really easy.

Sharpshooter in SWW gives +1 to range and -1 to melee. If you want a figure to be better without the negative, just give them one more combat. There is going to be an ability that cuts the range penalty in half in the next version of SBH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timlillig wrote:
You can make new profiles with the warband builder- http://www.ganeshagames.net/army_builders/SBHform.html I have not seen a large set of new profiles in one place, people usually just post a warband here and there. Adjusting existing profiles to suit your needs is really easy.

Sharpshooter in SWW gives +1 to range and -1 to melee. If you want a figure to be better without the negative, just give them one more combat. There is going to be an ability that cuts the range penalty in half in the next version of SBH.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help. I have been scanning the rulebooks to get proxy stats for all my Heroscape guys (e.g. flying fighter guys = gryphons), and using the very handy table to create profiles where necessary. It is a dream system in terms of ease of use.

The one 'huh?' for me is that I quite fancy Elves with HtH C2 and ranged C3, but I can't figure how to do that with the mix of specials I can see. I can go HtH C2 and Ranged C4 by using C3 and Sharpshooter, but that is a bit good maybe. I am thinking elite ranged but squishy in melee.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the two point change in combat will be too bad, try it some time. Or, just have a few of them doing group shots. You might try to make something work with reckless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.